• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

annuum White Jalapeño

moruga welder said:
Anybody out there heard or know of a White Jalapeño ?     :party:

Nope, but I sure would love to get some!  The mariachi pepper will start creamy white and then ripe to red but can be used when unripe.  Heat is lower than a jalapeno though. 

Never seen or heard off....but it sounds interesting.

Why a white Jalapeño ?

Just checked the orange Jalapeño ( https://www.pepperseeds.eu/jalapeno-orange.html ) that´s sold since some time. It´s anything else, but not a Jalapeño.

You may use Jalaro in it´s unripe form, that´s pale white-yellow

jalaro.jpg

semillas said:
Why a white Jalapeño ?

Just checked the orange Jalapeño ( https://www.pepperseeds.eu/jalapeno-orange.html ) that´s sold since some time. It´s anything else, but not a Jalapeño.

You may use Jalaro in it´s unripe form, that´s pale white-yellow

jalaro.jpg
a fellow co - worker swears to me he had gotten white jalapeño plants from a fellow store owner who has since passed away , ask me if I could locate seeds , he did say they turn red . might be what you have in the pic . 

I may be able to locate some white paint :rolleyes:
Kidding, never seen a white jalepeno..just know there is a grocery store in central Texas where we hunt that gets large Jalepenos that have all orange inside and they are brutal..char them and make pico de galo and it will kick *ss..I usually bring 3 to 5 pound of them back home..must be from mexico as they are exetremely hard to germinate but this year got a few to go..I guess the xrays didn't kill the seeds this time

Maybe it'd be better to know why he wants them. If he just wants the thing he saw before, sounds like you found it; if there's something he actually wants to make, maybe white sauce or light powder, we could probably provide much more useful input.

At work, when someone asks us to build something specific, we usually come back immediately with "what's the actual problem you're trying to solve?" The answer to that question invariably leads to much better results.

Back