• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Who in the UK have planted their plants outside?

I put a few of my Habaneros outside last week. They were started from seed in around October 2014, and have been growing indoors in small pots up until last week. They have really not done that well in the gusty winds and single digit temperatures. But one good thing is that I get to see which is the most resilient and chop the others.

I think realistically, we need to be in May before they can be outside. What are your thoughts?

If temps stay as they are then I'll hopefully get a few varieties out next weekend. I doubt very much I'll be taking the covers off their tunnels until well into May though.

May has pretty much been and gone, and the weather has been unpredictable still.

My few habs I have planted amongst some mints but most have become salad for the slugs. Can't say I am entirely happy about it, but hey. I also have a 3 year old Naga out there... hope it picks up.

Good news is that FINALLY my Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion have germinated, and fingers crossed they continue to grow fine.

Really need some serious warmth and sun now.

Back