Who's Weird Like Me?

Last night I made a strawberry (from the garden) shake and added orange habanero powder to it...just because. I thought it was outstanding! My wife and daughter thought I was nuts. Who else out there does this? The burn came on about 10 seconds after each sip. Man I was in heaven. I need someone out there to relate.

I made a shake once with some of BentAlphaNerdz Black Dog and also some mango and Orange Habanero ice cream. I don't find it weird.

Last night I made a strawberry (from the garden) shake and added orange habanero powder to it...just because. I thought it was outstanding! My wife and daughter thought I was nuts. Who else out there does this? The burn came on about 10 seconds after each sip. Man I was in heaven. I need someone out there to relate.

I can relate to an extent but I'm not much of an ice cream or shake kinda' cat. You may have been the kid that poked bobby pins into electrical outlets. I'll send my witch doctor over.

I tried a little bit in either vanilla or strawberry/vanilla ice cream...can't say that I was a fan of it. However, I'd like to try it again with maybe chocolate.

i had this happen but it wasent intentional. so i go make a smoothie blue/blackberry if you must know. and i go take a sip and... wth? my mouth is burning? then i remember the last time i used the blender i made my orange you hot yet sauce for neil. which was a good half year ago. the blender went through a few washes so i was sure it wasent going to come out tainted. but alas i had to buy a difrent blender for normal blending and the old one is for sauce's only.

i had this happen but it wasent intentional. so i go make a smoothie blue/blackberry if you must know. and i go take a sip and... wth? my mouth is burning? then i remember the last time i used the blender i made my orange you hot yet sauce for neil. which was a good half year ago. the blender went through a few washes so i was sure it wasent going to come out tainted. but alas i had to buy a difrent blender for normal blending and the old one is for sauce's only.
Must be acrylic, not glass?

Sounds good. I got to admit - I've never done anything like that but some of the others here have made a lemon, ghost pepper sorbet...I thought it was weird - so I can relate...

Yeah for hot peppers glass is better, 100% non-porous, unlike acrylic.

Sounds like an interesting shake. Recently I ate a birds eye fresh from my garden then had mint chewing gum a few minutes later. It was great. Peppermint with extra pepper kick!

Sounds like an interesting shake. Recently I ate a birds eye fresh from my garden then had mint chewing gum a few minutes later. It was great. Peppermint with extra pepper kick!

what you did just gave me a great idea for a great drink. =D

Haha Franz, I'm hearing you. Vodka, Tequila, Gin, Bacardi. So many things would work. Let me know how your drink goes
beer.gif

Back