Why does not cotelydon fall off?

many people told me that when cotyledon is not needed. It will fall off.   all my pepper plants still have cotyledon, why doesn't it fall off?
the plant still need seed leaf for something?  

34477217351_a356b22d49_h.jpg

34477217041_f5f0a626a3_h.jpg

The plant has a lof of flowers. Is cotyledon still needed?

33764642454_57475479a5_h.jpg

if your plants are in a protected indoor environment with 0 stress / 0 bugs / 0 animals / 0 inclement weather then sure the cotys might stay on. 

in normal / wild / outdoor plant they do fall off.

Reactions: lek
juanitos said:
if your plants are in a protected indoor environment with 0 stress / 0 bugs / 0 animals / 0 inclement weather then sure the cotys might stay on. 

in normal / wild / outdoor plant they do fall off.

i always let my pepper plant wilt like this every week.  cotyledon doesn't fall off.  

34261510235_b4719efeec_c.jpg

The plant would drop them if they didn't contribute to the plant's system, or if the health of the plant (overall system) isn't good. However, your plant seems very healthy and looks to be making good use of all of it's assets. Kudos on keeping your plants ultra happy.

I might remove lower leaves just to give myself room to stick the spout of my watering bucket. Other than that, you can leave them be It will not harm the plant any way at all whether they're there or not, and their presence (or lack of) is not a sign of any problems either.

Keep doing whatever you're doing... it's working.

mrgrowguy said:
The plant would drop them if they didn't contribute to the plant's system, or if the health of the plant (overall system) isn't good. However, your plant seems very healthy and looks to be making good use of all of it's assets. Kudos on keeping your plants ultra happy.

I might remove lower leaves just to give myself room to stick the spout of my watering bucket. Other than that, you can leave them be It will not harm the plant any way at all whether they're there or not, and their presence (or lack of) is not a sign of any problems either.

Keep doing whatever you're doing... it's working.

the amount of flowers on my plant is still very little.  if i get rid of all the flowers right now, will my plant set more flowers in the near future? 

That is one heck of a healthy looking plant! Excelent job! And don't worry about the cotyledon, just keep doing what you're doing.

Neil

lek said:

the amount of flowers on my plant is still very little.  if i get rid of all the flowers right now, will my plant set more flowers in the near future? 

Removing flowers won't generate more flowers. What comes out in the near future would come out regardless of how many flowers you pick off, except that everything you pick off won't be there. People usually pinch off flowers to stall the fruiting process for one reason or another.

If you want to increase the number of future flowers, you will need to strategically prune your plant to create more nodes, that is where the flowers are produced, so having more nodes means more flowers. If you know how to prune to increase nodes, great. If not, then the basic objective is to get the plant to grow as many branches as possible. Pruning in this way will stall flower production now, but is likely to increase the number of flowers in the future.

mrgrowguy said:

If you want to increase the number of future flowers, you will need to strategically prune your plant to create more nodes, that is where the flowers are produced, so having more nodes means more flowers. If you know how to prune to increase nodes, great. If not, then the basic objective is to get the plant to grow as many branches as possible. Pruning in this way will stall flower production now, but is likely to increase the number of flowers in the future.
Thank you very much for your suggestion.  I will try to create more nodes/branch by using other method.  In this experiment, i didn't cut any leave / branch of the plant.

Back