Why I Like the Peppers I Like

I found this wonderful article while trying to find out what is is about Rocotos that I love so much.

https://www.intechopen.com/books/capsaicin-and-its-human-therapeutic-development/a-matter-of-taste-capsaicinoid-diversity-in-chile-peppers-and-the-importance-to-human-food-preferenc

I'd never looked into it, but the makeup of the capsaicinoidal blend in strains and species is really intriguing to me. It also helps when I try to explain why the heat in my Rocoto blend jellies are so different that the standard Jala and Hab jellies and sauces. Even the bland white sauce lubbers in the dead of Minnesota have a unique attraction to these peppers...

This has likely been posted elsewhere, I did a limited search but I have little attention span for searches, so.....

stettoman said:
I found this wonderful article while trying to find out what is is about Rocotos that I love so much.

https://www.intechopen.com/books/capsaicin-and-its-human-therapeutic-development/a-matter-of-taste-capsaicinoid-diversity-in-chile-peppers-and-the-importance-to-human-food-preferenc

I'd never looked into it, but the makeup of the capsaicinoidal blend in strains and species is really intriguing to me. It also helps when I try to explain why the heat in my Rocoto blend jellies are so different that the standard Jala and Hab jellies and sauces. Even the bland white sauce lubbers in the dead of Minnesota have a unique attraction to these peppers...

This has likely been posted elsewhere, I did a limited search but I have little attention span for searches, so.....
I don't remember seeing it, thanks Eric, great article!

Yeah DR, that caught my eye as well.  I've noticed plants that stop setting after they have a certain amount of fruit set.  Not sure I've noticed that the later fruit are smaller, though, or slower in maturing.  I've never correlated it to seed number, just pod number.  The cited source is Bosland, though, who is very accredited and experienced and it's a verbatim quote from his book.

BTW - Thanks, Stetto, that was a good read.  Now can somebody please tell me where I can get seeds for rocoto PI 585277?

Back