Why is my plant growing bushy?

So my bhut Jolokia is doing great at the moment, and all my jalapeños are growing nice and tall. My bhuts seem to wanna grow wide and short, like a bush. Why?

Also, if anyone is an expert on peppers, does this plant look like a bhut Jolokia plant? Or a habanero plant?

Bhut Jolokia

I dunno, but my Brazilian ghost is doing the same thing. It might be something specific to ghost peppers and their relatives, as nothing else I grow does that.

leaves look right...as far as why it is bushy...be thankful...bushy means more nodes and more nodes mean more peppers...(peppers develop at the nodes on pepper plants)

I just ordered some seed from NMSU CPI this morning...their Bhuts are the best

looks like a ghost pepper, and my plant is doing the same thing, but its putting out pods and a ton of flowers. bushy is better man, youll get a better harvest
what potting soil are you using? miracle gro?

cruzzfish said:
I dunno, but my Brazilian ghost is doing the same thing. It might be something specific to ghost peppers and their relatives, as nothing else I grow does that.
Weird! My uncles brother is growing ghost peppers and his plant seemed bushy as well. I guess it is their ancestry!

AlabamaJack said:
leaves look right...as far as why it is bushy...be thankful...bushy means more nodes and more nodes mean more peppers...(peppers develop at the nodes on pepper plants)

I just ordered some seed from NMSU CPI this morning...their Bhuts are the best
AJ you payed $9 for ghost pepper seeds?! youre nuts!! looking forward to see how different they grow then other varieties in your glog..

You really can't compare growth habits between varieties. Congo Trins tend to be wide while fataliis tend to be tall yet both are chinenses.

Frankie Ruiz said:
AJ you payed $9 for ghost pepper seeds?! youre nuts!! looking forward to see how different they grow then other varieties in your glog..

no sir, I paid 18 dollars...got two packs...

why did I pay the money...simply because CPI are the ones that grew the plants out originally in the US and got the world record for heat....and the biggest thing is their genetics are pure...

Back