• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Wild ID???

Burning Colon said:
Thanks. They do look a lot like that, don`t they?

From what I can gather, C.ciliatum is the junior synonym of C.rhomboideum and I know these are not rhomboideum. 

It seems to me that there is a lot of confusion of what is and what is not C.cardanesii. Most C.cardanesii I see around the web are actually C.eximium. However, to confuse things even more, there are a couple of new-ish species that are also very similar to eximium and cardenesii.

C.eshbaughii is very similar to eximium and C.caballeroi is very similar to cardanesii. 

And then there`s C.ceratocalyx, which is a little bit different, but found in Bolivia as well. 
C.eximium,

C.cardenesii

Nightshade said:
CGN 21502 I remembered seeing that pic from somewhere it is from vladans grow from 2012 I remember reading and seeing that.
And we have a winner. Yes, that`s exactly what it is. It just looks a bit out of the ordinary to my tired, barely useful eyes.
Yes, I have ordered seeds, too. 
Here`s a photo of the flower from Jon Fiedler. Note the flattened and matted hairs on the stem//leaves.

I would have guessed that they were C. eximium as they didn't quite look like C. cardenasii pods but then I though maybe they might be a C. flexuosum. But as its been ID as CGN 21502 you have answer.
I'm wonder what pepperlovers blue mystery is as I can't quite tell just what it may be, She has some wilds for sell that I would like to get. I have some money coming in mid Febuary and plan to get a few wild even though it will be a month later getting started on them but if I don't get pods this season I will overwinter them.   

Back