seed-train Wild seed train 2015 2016

Ken just P.M. me on F.B. to say he "mailed it weeks ago."  I suggested that he pop in here and help us figure out what happened.

Me too evanwilliams1988.  I wanted on the next round cause I didn't meet the minimums this time.  I am sure there is a logical explanation from whomever.

Sorry things haven't gone great over here on your train. It's frustrating when people don't follow the rules set out and agreed to when joining. I'm sure it's not always on purpose, life can throw some unexpected curves. I've dealt with Jss on an occasion or two and he was on my current train. Haven't had any problems  so not sure what the deal is.

I also noticed you had your train go from a giant football almost needing a mfrb back to not even filling the padded flat rate envelope. I had the same thing happen on my last round last year. No ideas where or what happened. I know things like this can be very frustrating. I've wanted to say F*@$% it a few times and stop running the Scorched train. I end up continuing because there are some great folks here on THP that don't have access or connections to great things. I hope you change your mind and continue the Wild Thing train in the future but if not I completely understand. If you continue, maybe just flat out ban the people who don't follow the rules or cause delays with 0 updates as to what's going on. It's not fair to you or the other participants who have put their property in the train to share with others. Not singling anyone out as I haven't been following this round. Just the only fair way to handle it. Why would you feel you should be invited back when you can't follow the rules you agreed to? Trains are basically run on trust. If you can no longer trust a person is going to follow the rules then how can you invite them back?

Anyway enough rant. Whether the train was jacked by someone or it was lost by the PO isn't the main issue. It's the fact that agreed upon rules were not followed. The tracking # wasn't posted and there was no notice that the package had even gone out. If the tracking had been posted everyone could look and see that yes the package was shipped. Instead you have everyone wondering what's going on. Thank you Jeff for your generosity and time spent running this train. If you decide not to continue this train you are always welcome on mine. Folks who can't follow rules need not apply (not aimed at any one person)

I mailed it when I promised. Sorry I have been away from my hobby for 12 days. Geonerd welcome to my black list. Posting on my churches page that I am a thief is crossing the line.

You guys have seen my trade list. I have 800 varieties, 1100 if you include strains from different growers. Why on earth would I steal seeds I already have? I took like 5 baggies of seed off the train. I put 6$ in it, I paid 6 something to ship it. I would have been better off buying from Judy from a financial perspective.

I will do what I can to restart if Jeff wants. I have a little bit of a lot of things.

I didn't follow the rules in posting what I was supposed to - I took for granted things would go like they had been for the 5 times I've gotten a seed train in the last couple months. For that I am sorry.

I have for much of the time since this train ceased to run been conflicted with whether to attempt to reestablish it or not. I can sympathize with Tony and his past dilemmas in this matter. While part of me is saying it is a very good thing, do it again, the other part of me is saying, Why? A couple have and always will F*** it all up for everyone.

My final decision was not an easy one to come to and I still have echoes of my conscience telling me I am making a mistake.
I made no accusations as to a theft of the last train as that is a judgement I am not allowed to make. The judgement I am allowed to make though is one I have been reluctant to in the past but now find I must from this point forward as well as for gross misconducts of the past.

Understand, I dont care if you have 6000 varieties of seed, have been a member for 7 years, have 5000 posts or go by the name Pookie. Violate my rules and you are forever banned from my train. If that is not clear enough then nothing ever can be.

I will start up a train within the next couple months from the ashes of the last. It will be renamed appropriately the Phoenix train.

mpicante said:
Seriously??? Someone hijacked the train??? Simply not too cool.
I would not say hijacked, but because the RULES were not followed there is no way of ever really knowing with absolute certainty that it was not. That is the reason we ship with a tracking number. It is always a possibility the the USPS could lose or damage beyond deliverable condition the seed pack. This is a possibility that everyone understands and accepts when the join.What they do not accept is that someone else is going to circumvent the rules at will, and place in jeopardy the seed contributions they have made. Nor will I.

Back