• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Will my plants continue growing if I let them fruit?

I was wondering at which point to allow fruit to grow on my plants. My goal is for a good yield from my plants, so I am fine with continuing to pick off flower buds until my plants are bigger.

For example, my Anaheim plants are 1.5 feet tall right now (pics below). Should I allow them to fruit at this size, or should I continue to pluck its flower buds? Will fruiting at this size hinder plant growth?

Pics:
NZ6rHkh.jpg

wwsPHVE.jpg

megahot said:
Let em go!

Ok, that's awesome!
But my main concern is total yield... so will these plants continue growing while they bear fruit (in order to get a bigger yield later in the season)?

yes. they will. if you give them nitrogen they will grow. not as much as if they were not fruiting, but yes they will continue to grow

Agree, they will continue to grow. However, be sure to up (or add, if they're not in your fertilizer yet) magnesium and calcium. Calcium especially will help prevent BER (blossom end rot.)

I generally pinch them but sizes much smaller than what you have. My father planted peppers in his cotton field last year and never touched them. Not one plant was over a foot tall but 1 plant out produced mine x2. I believe there are many other factors that come into play but as far do you or do you not, it's not going to make a huge difference either way.

Back