• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Will my seeds survive? a few hot days during sprouting?

Hi all,
I am in the process of tryign to start some seeds kindly sent my other Aussie members,
I put them in jiffy pucks, and into a plastic hot house/sprouter , unfortunatey they copped 3 days of 35c with the vents closed
it was super steamy in there, and dont know how hot it would have got, but certianly not ideal..
anyone know if this would have "Cooked" the seeds and F>>Cked them up?

Without any pics it's hard to say. However, plants can be more resilient than we realize. Think of what happens with seeds sown outdoors in the ground - they may well make it without any problems, especially given that they had plenty of moisture. If all the seeds have sprouted, you can consider removing the lid entirely, and give them a few days, see what happens. At least open the vents for now.

It sound like sinkas has zero sprouts so far.

how long have they been in the soil? If it's less than 10 days I suggest waiting a few more days, then if still nothing pops up start over.

They should be good still. I accidentally left my seedling tray with the heat mat on and a lid under the lights. It was hotter than hell in there. All seeds still germed.

Back