• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Wing places around Ontario

I thought this might be a good thread to start for us folks that travel around abit in Ontario. For those not following the fishing thread, I fish a ton, mainly sticking to south western & eastern Ontario but do travel north & west a few times a year. Of course my food of choice is wings or fingers but I'm always on the search for local haunts that have that special sauce that will keep me coming back. Can't say I've tried them all but in the GTA I've knocked off quite a few places but there is always room for more so please do tell of your favorite Wing joint. As it stands now I'd have to say The Crown & Dragon (Yonge & Bloor area) would have to be near the top. Nothing hot but their flavors are really tasty, the owner has a second location in Unionville called Dragon Bistro which I've been to a few times. Duffs wings were really good 5 + years ago but have gone down hill since, that seems to be a trend with most wing joints (Wild Wing, Duff's, All Star, CW Coups...etc)

To add one quick review I ate at the Riverside Inn in Norland Ontario this past Sunday, service was excellent & so was the food. Not a big place by any means but it has always been packed when I drive by so I thought I'd give it a shot. Glad I did. Wings were fantastic & just what the doctor ordered after a hard day ice fishing, only thing I would like to see is a hotter choice for the sauce but being a small town it would likely not get served too often.
http://riverside-inn.ca/

Found a new spot just around the corner from where I live that will be my new destination for local wings, it's called Drums & Flats. For many years I've passed by this place under various names which is never a good sign but it has been the same name for a few years now so I thought I'd give it a shot & I'm really glad I did. The whole place is done up with a rock & roll motif thats solid, music playing in the background is classic rock & the best thing is they have live bands Friday & Saturday nights, so few places offer live music anymore. Wings are top shelf, flavors are great... again nothing to hot but mighty tasty. You get to choose if you want only drums, flats or a mix of the two & fries are standard not a add on. Generous portions for sure, good selection of beer on tap, wait staff are fantastic, if you're ever in the Avenue Rd. & Wilson area give this a try.
http://www.drumsnflats.com/contact/

After a hard working day & heading out to a fairly local lake for a evening of ice fishing only to have my buddy go through which put a end to fishing we decided some wings were due. The great wing franchise war is long over (Wild Wings started a battle with Buffalo Wild Wings years ago before Buffalo was even up here in Canada, he won but then that went to his head & went franchise crazy, pissed off a lot of folks by changing sauces a splinter group broke free & created CW Coups & a few other small one off places. CW Coups started doing the same shit & folks broke free of that & a few started WOW Wings) & it has taken me this long to hit a WOW Wings. Firstly I gotta say the days of 100+ flavors of wings has got to come to a end, 50 I'm OK with but even that is too much, anyway the wait staff at this particular WOW Wings was fantastic, very attentive. Good selection of BEER, which was most certainly called for given the day, & the atmosphere was very lively( the Leafs game may have helped that). Whenever I go to any wing joint I never start with their hottest choice of wings unless suicide is their top one. for me this serves as a baseline. If their suicide is not hot what chance does the top one have or if its got good heat then I will see how hot they can go. Their suicide while not being the hottest I ever had had decent heat & thankfully not to vinegar-y, slight smokiness rounded it out ,rate it a 6-7 heat & taste wise . The wings themselves were great, good size & meatiness to them, a good mix of drums & flats & fried to perfection. I wish these places would go back to giving you fries with the wings, it is something seriously lacking in these types of joints.
  http://wowwinghouse.com/index-2.html

Back