• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

winter harvest

I decided to pull up some stuff.
All that was left of my turnips, and radishes.
Only a few carrot seeds took hold from the first lot so I yanked them too. But I planted some new seedlings a few weeks ago and they are all still alive.
winterharvest006.jpg

:D

LOL
Nice takings mega :)

PS - If you want to rid your carrots of those splits and offsets, make sure your soil is nice and soft (no rocks, clays, or obstacles whatsoever).

Yeah I have heard that before. The soil seemed pretty friable but it wasn't a very deep bed. I'll raise it up and/or dig it deeper next time. Only my first ever carrots there. :D

Are you just growing root vegetables over winter? If not, what else you growing?
I normally stick to pak choi, broccolli and spinach in winter, food for stirfries and curries, along with the usual herbs. (and just buy my carrots and capsicums - that's all the vege I need)

Never given root vegetables a go before, too cheap to buy and too much hard work prepping where you plant them. But any tips you have in growing and I might give it a go.
Edit: at least with root veges there's not a constant battle against the snails, slugs and caterpillars!)

Are you just growing root vegetables over winter? If not, what else you growing?
I normally stick to pak choi, broccolli and spinach in winter, food for stirfries and curries, along with the usual herbs. (and just buy my carrots and capsicums - that's all the vege I need)

Never given root vegetables a go before, too cheap to buy and too much hard work prepping where you plant them. But any tips you have in growing and I might give it a go.
Edit: at least with root veges there's not a constant battle against the snails, slugs and caterpillars!)

Maybe if you don't want the hard work you could try one of these Potato Growing Bag(the potato growing bag)?? they look like they could be quite a good investment for the hobby grower.

Maybe if you don't want the hard work you could try one of these Potato Growing Bag(the potato growing bag)?? they look like they could be quite a good investment for the hobby grower.
Yeah I noticed them and the upside down tomato bag when I bought my heated propagator/seedling greenhouse from that website.
Going to wait until I move again though. Mid life crisis and all*.
I want to grow stuff, I would to build stuff. Really want to move out of Perth to a rural area and have a **** off big shed to build project cars and have enough room to grow heaps of stuff too.

Back