• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Wondering what these are.

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what these two chilies are.  The orange ones I found while walking along a path on San Cristobal in the Galapagos islands.  The strange thing is that when I picked them, they were a dark wine colour.  I was so surprised when these turned bright orange.  The yellow (with a slight orange hue) peppers I picked while staying in a hostel in the Ecuadorian Amazon.  I picked them from a plant at the hostel that was nearly 6ft high and almost as wide as my outstretched arms.... such a glorious plant and really nice tasting peppers!  I grew two of the Ecuadorian plants and gave one to my mom.  Mine bore one pepper, which was super sweet and tasted something like a dried apricot.  My mom grew hers in more direct sun and it was much more prolific, much hotter and much less sweet.  The pictures I took of the flowers didn't turn out that well... I'm hoping someone can give me some hints without them and satisfy my curiosity.   

PeppersS.jpg

As you can see... both are pretty small.
GalapagosAjiS.jpg

plant1S.jpg

Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

the red looks like a tobasco pepper me. not sure on the yellow. I have a trinidad perfume which sometimes puts those shapes out, most are sweet others have a tiny bite to them

I don't think the red ones are prik ke nuu, they look too long, possibly a type of Thai pepper though.

These are supposed to be Prik Ke Nuu (Rat Turds), haven't turned red yet, but should soon. Notice the leaves on mine are more elongated as well.

The red ones are def tobasco. Mainly for the size, shape, and the fact that yours don't have caps. It takes very little to pick these from a plant, even picking from the stem you have to be careful because you think you might have it and next thing you know your'e just holding the stem and cap. I have to be careful when I walk by mine because even just brushing up against the plant they can fall off.

Back