• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Woody's Chilli Sauce

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Product Reviewed:
Woody's Chilli Sauce
Company:
Fire Foods
www.firefoods.co.uk
TheHotPepper Member:
woody
Listed Ingredients:
Orange juice, honey, chilli (18.5%), vinegar, mustard.
Label/Packaging:
Printed on mailing labels, I'm sure it's temporary.
Heat Index:

I wasn't sure if I would like this sauce, it combines mustard with chilies and it smells like deviled eggs for some reason. When I first tasted it, I was surprised how sweet it was... until I looked at the label. The first two ingredients are orange juice and honey. I immediately thought I would like this on hot dogs. It is reminiscent of a sweet pickled relish... though there are no pickles. It's the sweetness, consistency, and vinegar that give it this impression. Well I didn't get to try it on a dog, but I tried it on a burger. Okay that didn't work to well. Next I tried it on an Italian cold-cut sandwich. Now this was good. If you like your subs with hot and sweet peppers, and mustard, you can leave all that off and add Woody's Chilli Sauce. I have to say that Italian subs are the perfect vessel for this sauce. I can't wait to try it on a hot dog. No relish or mustard needed!

The front heat level is about a 3.5 but it has a little back heat that brings it to about a 4.

So, this sauce has it's uses, but they are somewhat limited. It's not a traditional hot sauce, to me it's like a spicy sweet relish. Hey, spice up your sandwiches and dogs, that's my advice. Congrats Woody!

Attachments

• woodysspoon.jpg
    woodysspoon.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 184
  • woodysburger.jpg
    woodysburger.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 177
  • woodyssand.jpg
    woodyssand.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 191
  • woodysbottle.jpg
    woodysbottle.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 166
Cheers THP,
its one of my milder ones, at the markets people like this sauce as it can be used on subs etc and can be used by everybody as it kicks but it doesn't blow your head off.
I will send you Woodys extreme sauce next week;)

Take care
Woody

Damn, someone's beaten me too it.

THis sauce has just arrived in our house today.

High praise indeed: Mrs Shooty* has voluntarily tasted it three times! This is a first. Seriously. Her reaction was "oooh, you can taste the honey... fruity... ARGH!"

She's really not a heat fan. The Argh! was the heat setting in, but three tastings... man, that's good.

For myself, I find it very fruity. I've just had it on chili con carne (mild) which was a good addition, a nice fruit tang on it.

I'd agree that this would be v good on sandwiches. I'm thinking ham, cheese and turkey.

Also got the sticky sweet. V nice. More later.

Yep, that one's gone down very well as well. A v good dipping sauce, and I'm thinking Ribs would be good in it.

Actaully, I tell you what, I'm v interested in what chili you used for the thai one. Just had another load of it tonight on pasta. V good.

My Thai sauce is my best seller by a long way, everybody who tastes it falls in love with it, i use the mighty cayenne for this.
Just launched our chilli mustard and chilli oil both fantastic and going well

Back