worm castings???

i recently  found out of worm casting and i want to try using it i looked it up on ebay and found worm casting tablets and it looks like the guy makes them. your suppose to dissolve it in water and each tablet makes a gallon.

i was wondering if that would work and if its legit. i read that you use worm castings by mixing them soil but i already have well established plants in pots and dont want to disturb them but i want to use worm casting. 

im asking becuse i seen a couple videos and they make tea and boil it so thats why im skeptical about the worm casting tablets 

also if i where you buy regular worm castings can i just mix it with water and water my plant will it still work or is mixing with soil nessasary and boiling nessasry?

they dont boil it, its bubbling with air pumps, you can basically add a scoop of worm castings to a 5 gallon pale of dechlorinated water mix it around add air if you like or dont, let it sit for awhile maybe a day or few hours then use that water to water your plants, it will add some of the nutrients to your water and what not

tomorrow im brewing some tea.. like 6 things bubbling in water for 2 days then feeding and spraying my plants down

fish/seaweed emulsion
bat guano
grass clippings
molasses
worm castings
mushroom manure

You can also just spread worm castings on top of the pots and the nutrients will wash over the roots with each watering.  One of the great things about worm castings is how readily available the nutrients are, making them super easy to use.  Don't over think and don't boil, part of the magic comes from all the bacterial life and you don't want to kill them off with boiling water.

Back