• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Worm Farm to get casting

MiLK_MaN said:
I'm using the can-o-worms too after speaking to Neil, best thing ever. The fact you can rotate the tiers is the benefit of the can-o-worms.

I get about 2 litres of worm tea a week, I also add a hand full of garden lime a week to sweeten things up, and since doing that, it really has an earthy smell, where as at the beginning it didnt smell that good at all.

I got a can-o-worms as well got mine and the worms from Bunnings. At the time the Qld government was doing rebates for water saving items and it qualified. Ended up getting 1/2 my money back.

I too have been researching this and think I am going to do this. You just cant go wrong with it, unless you mess it up some how. I mean you have the worms that will reproduce and then the poop everywhere so you can use it in your garden and if you so choose you can use them for fishing and throw some directly into your garden. Oh and they eat about 1/2 their weight in food a week.

Personally I am thinking of getting my worms from Uncle Jim's. The prices are right and have been highly recommended. I to think I am going to build my own farm using a few storage containers. Do a google search on "DIY worm farm" or "build your own worm farm". There is TONS of info on the subject out there from how to build a farm, what to use for bedding material, worm tea, foods they can and cannot eat, breading, the list goes on.

Good luck to ya and keep us posted on your results.

i want to try this out .... so i can feed my fish the worms in the aquaponics system ... and this could be a real organic system ... just something i have been thinking about ...:crazy::lol:

Back