• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Worm Gold Plus

:?: Anybody ever used a product called Worm Gold Plus found it at the nursery down the street yesterday? Pure worm castings plus kelp used as an amendment to potting mix or a topping. In my feeble knowledge and from info I gathered sounds good. Potting up a 3 or 4 plants today and was gonna give it a try

I haven't used it but it sounds like an excellent addition to any mix. Use it to make some tea as well.

:dance:I read the post on making tea this AM and think I might give it a try. this stuff is 94% pure castings and the rest kelp and volcanic rock. not sure about volcanic rock. Just finished potting up 3 fresnos and 1 caribbean red and used a 15-20% mix with the potting according to directions and we'll see. Also topped the other chiles with it and watered it in, time will tell. This is all a new learning experience for me, this place and all the folks are sure a big help.

Volcanic rock is a great addition. Google a bit about rock dust. It's an awesome ammendment for any garden. I've read a lot about it. Improves growth of the plant overall, fruit production and the taste. At least that's what they say with tomatoes and other veg.

This guy in youtube growingyourgreens advocates the stuff. Also using in it in his peppers.

good luck with your growing lc!

Vermi-compost, aka worm casts, are definitely good. When applying, one should work it into the soil as a side dressing with a garden claw. With each watering the bacteria and nutrients will filter down into the roots. Cheers.

Thanks for all the postitives, looks like I guess good I guessed good. It's fun learning and i've gotten more out of this place :woohoo:

Vermicompost is becoming my main fertilizer source. I definitely recommend starting your own worm bin, its amazing how much you can save on waste while producing pure gardener's gold :)

Vermicompost is becoming my main fertilizer source. I definitely recommend starting your own worm bin, its amazing how much you can save on waste while producing pure gardener's gold :)

That's exactly what I did after the season ended last year in preparation for this year. The bin and a few lbs of worms where a little over $100 and I spent almost half that last year in castings alone. Plus you can make your own worm tea. I've actually made batches of worm tea for a few friends and they where amazed how their plants reacted. Plus if you fish like I do you never have to buy worms again!!

Back