• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Worm tea then pyrethrins/sulphur spray?

I'm getting some leaf spot so i want to spray some Citrus, Fruit & Nut Orchard Spray Concentrate which contains pyrethrins/sulphur. I'm also making some worm tea which is going to be ready probably tonight. I'll be doing a foliar spray and also feed via soil.

Should i do worm tea first tonite, and let it do its magic over night, and then spray with the pyrethrins/sulphur spray tomorrow night? Or pyrethrins/sulphur tonite, then worm team tomorrow night?

I just don't want to kill the worm tea's beneficial microbes with the pyrethrins/sulphur (if at all).

Thanks,

"some leaf spot" and as a result your spraying with pyrethrins/sulphur? Wow that's pretty aggressive how bad is the spot? I try and avoid those type of chemicals if at all possible especially since I want to consume the fruit.

I would only spray as a last resort, actually I think I would just prefer to loose the plant on 2nd thought.

I can't answer your question.. but can you tell me a little about worm tea?

I've seen it come up a few times on this board so far. What is it? How do you make it? And what does it do?

"some leaf spot" and as a result your spraying with pyrethrins/sulphur? Wow that's pretty aggressive how bad is the spot? I try and avoid those type of chemicals if at all possible especially since I want to consume the fruit.

I would only spray as a last resort, actually I think I would just prefer to loose the plant on 2nd thought.
Pyrethrins and sulpher are very safe. I have no problems eating fruit sprayed with natural products that easily and quickly break down

Pyrethrins and sulpher are very safe. I have no problems eating fruit sprayed with natural products that easily and quickly break down

I read that sulphur may kill beneficial microbes, is that correct? I thought it would only affect fungus.

Pyrethrins are *generally* safe. However, inhalation can be bad. And it can be VERY bad for small children and pets.

I'm adding this because it should be noted that due diligence should be used during application. This is not much different than any fine particulate or other CNS-affecting compounds.

Just wanted to make sure folks with kids and dogs/cats were aware.

Pyrethrins are *generally* safe. However, inhalation can be bad. And it can be VERY bad for small children and pets.

I'm adding this because it should be noted that due diligence should be used during application. This is not much different than any fine particulate or other CNS-affecting compounds.

Thanks for the info, i'll wear a mask when i use it and keep it away from family.

Cats are most affected but usually when abused/over applied, and the worst is the synthetic version called permethrin. Pyrethrins are actually used for flea treatments on dogs, but not cats

Back