• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

worms

Okay so I was at the local star nursery today and saw they had red worms. I decided I'm getting them Friday. I'm thinking of buying a bag of organic soil and filling a plastic container with that then throwing them in there and composting. How long do I wait til the soil is improved? Also this is my first time using any worm stuff is it good? I'm using the soil/compost for wild peppers would that be good? Also could I put some mycos into the mixture to improve it more?

I am by far not an expert on this subject but from what I have read on the web there is more to it than just throwing some worms in a box of dirt.
They need proper conditions to thrive and reproduce and food to eat to turn into castings .
If you do a search on the forum for " vermicompost" you will find much to read. Also if you do a google search you will find loads of info on how to set up a worm bin.

Good luck, Robert

The box said red worms good for composting and I read that red worms are supposed to be productive. I have read that pretty much all you need is a spot below 88 degrees some bedding (newspaper) that is moistened and some soil on top with some food (organic matter) to break down which they will have plenty of. You guys have experience with worms? Or worm products?

yeah, for me its practically free after i bought the worms. natural leaf compost takes up some room, and takes a longer time to decay. the worm bins take up less space, and are faster.

Back