Would you use an app to help keep track of your pepper biz?

Been tossing around the idea of developing an app that could keep track of ALL aspects of a sauce related business so I'm curious how many of you would actually use an app on your phone or tablet that could do everything related to your pepper related business, from growing to selling and everything that has to happen in between...   don't want to give too much away cause its kind of nifty how it works... just looking for numbers right now to see if there is any kind of interest.

dub_sauces said:
Been tossing around the idea of developing an app that could keep track of ALL aspects of a sauce related business so I'm curious how many of you would actually use an app on your phone or tablet that could do everything related to your pepper related business, from growing to selling and everything that has to happen in between...   don't want to give too much away cause its kind of nifty how it works... just looking for numbers right now to see if there is any kind of interest.

I do not currently do any business with what I am growing but I would use an app just for my own personal journal i guess you could say. sounds like it could be geard towards personal or business. Sounds interesting. Let me know if you need beta testers. Im in

I'd like an app that would easily allow me to update inventory (and track said inventory with sales), track and schedule cooking dates, ingredients and then put em all together to show what each sauce is costing me (by the ounce and with bottle/label costs).  I have spread sheets that I currently use for each production sauce but the data input is tedious.  

I say go for it if you are passionate about it. But it will likely not make any money. The way the stand-alone app world works is, you have to offer it free (at first) to attract users, and when it goes viral, you add premium services for a nominal fee, but still keep the main app free for exposure. This is so niche, it would likely not make much money, but it is a great idea, I am sure, to fill a void. But on the business side I would venture to say it would not be popular enough to take to the next level and would always either be a free app, or one you charge a fee for, with low sales. But maybe you have something great here so try it!

The Hot Pepper said:
I say go for it if you are passionate about it. But it will likely not make any money. The way the stand-alone app world works is, you have to offer it free (at first) to attract users, and when it goes viral, you add premium services for a nominal fee, but still keep the main app free for exposure. This is so niche, it would likely not make much money, but it is a great idea, I am sure, to fill a void. But on the business side I would venture to say it would not be popular enough to take to the next level and would always either be a free app, or one you charge a fee for, with low sales. But maybe you have something great here so try it!

ive already started... thats why my pots all have qr codes like this one  :)

8Zf8ZfBl.jpg

I use them to track when ive watered and fert usage as well... much more to come. since I'm doing it alone its going to be a while until I have an actual product for people to use, but it will be quite useful to anyone who grows peppers, or anything for that matter. wont be limited to people who have a biz...

I would definitely be interested in something like this. I've tossed around this idea but I just don't have the time and not real good at coding, although, I'm one of those people that if I want to do it bad enough I'll keep working at it. I love tech but just don't have that kind of time.

Since you asked if persons would use the app, my reply is No.  But I have trouble changing the ring tone on my smartphoane, so don't give my reply much weight.  :lol:  Using apps and such on the phone, I just don't do that. 

Some people are very meticulous in their record keeping for sauces and such, like SnF.  I'm more of a scribbled recipe card like what Grandma's Apple Pie recipe would look like.

:welcome: to Riggs~

Also, I've never ever scanned one of those square patterned thingies for anything anywhere.   But if it works for tracking plants and watering/ferts, that seems like an easy way to document things.  Good luck with your project! 
SL 

Back