wanted WTB: powders for hot sauce?

I was wondering if powders do well when making hot sauce? Also, wondering who to contact in regards to getting some good hot powders....

I have great hot powders. Not all are listed on my site but if you look at my GLOG on this site or the front page of my business webpage, all listed should have a powder ready now or very soon. I am in the process of adding more to the site.

As for hot sauce with powders, it would be best to experiment and see but one thing you will miss is the flesh and volume from using pods.

My site is below and good luck!

Not too much worried about volume, just want to have the heat. Thanks and i'll ck out ur GLOG and your site...

One of the really great things about powders is the ability to modify sauces made from the fresh pods. You can, for example, take a basic Jalapeño or Havanero sauce and add some smoked Jalapeño powder to it and have a great Chipotle sauce or even some smoked Bhut Jolokia and have a great Chipotle with really amped up heat. You just have to be careful to find that fine line between just right and Holy Sh%* too much.

RM

I prefer using powders, and have for years. It allows me to experiment for a while, without having to worry about the peppers rotting. I buy dried pods in bulk, and grind them myself. Some sauces use a coarse grind while others are ultra-fine, like confectioners sugar. I honestly don't think you lose very much in the way of flavor, as basically all you lose when dehydrating the peppers is the water.

Definitely watch that "fine line" as RM mentioned. Tabasco sauce I did last year, as I always do Tab sauce first? I about sent it over the WTF!!! top with 2 teaspoons of my hot chipotle tab powder. Just 2. "Just." Wanted to give it smokey taste and uh, it got some smokey and a whole lot hotter, as were that necessary. Tasted great but Law,' Law'!

i have just about every superhot pepper powder there is..10.00 per 1/2 oz weighed. got butch t scorpion, every 7 pot variety, fatalii, ghosts, naga morich and more...let me know if interested, thanks

Back