• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

www.thechileman.org picture appeal

Hi Guys (and Girls),

Now that the growing season is about over (at least here in the UK), I have a little more time on my hands. Over the winter months I intend to do a lot more work on adding to the chileman database (which we started just over 12 months ago) at www.thechileman.org

As many of you will know, thechileman database is intended to provide a useful reference guide to anyone interested in growing peppers in the form of brief descriptions on the varieties and photo records.

Last time I looked we had nearly 3600 varieties listed and over 5000 images loaded but there are still many varieities in the database with no descriptive data or photo records.

The dtabase is no where near completed and there will be many varieties which are not even listed.

If you have any good quality photos (partilcuarly close up pod or flower shots) and you don't mind sharing them with others, we would be very grateful for any donations to further improve the database.

Alternatively, if you spot any errors in the database, please let us know so we can keep the database as accurate as possible.

As with the exisiting images loaded, all images used will be creditted to the owner and will NOT be used for commercial gain.

If you are a commercial seed supplier and you wish to submit images for a particular variety, there is a facility in the database to incorporate a link direct to your home page (for each variety you supply). If you want to utilise this feature, contact us.

Finally, thank you to everyone who has helped with this ambitious project. There were many doubts in the beginning but I told you we could pull it off.

Thanks for your time

Mark
(on behalf of ww.thechileman.org)

Nice site guys, AND it's still growing! (pun intended)... Great resource on peppers! I would send in some pics, but unfortunately it would be of a negelected and very dead pepper garden. I should be flogged for my neglect in taking good care of my pepper garden this season.

Oddly one of my plants has just started flowering again after being moved indoors for the winter so if it fruits I'll get the camera out.

Back