misc Xanthan potter and the goblet of fire sauce

darthcarl said:
xanthan gum. where to get it? how much to use? options? and is it OK to name my first born Xanthan?

I gotta ditto John's suggestion to do some research; and also question why you feel the need to use it.

To answer your question... From what I understand, less is more. Xanthan gum, when too much is used, will probably congeal, and you could end up with hot jello, rather than sauce.

T

P_Schneider][quote said:
you could end up with hot jello, rather than sauce.

Now that's an interesting idea. Not the xanthan gum but smoking hot jello :idea:[/quote]
I thought it was a good idea too. Instead of putting mandarin oranges in it, do slices of Jalapenos or Bolivian Rainbow chillies.

imaguitargod][quote name= said:
[quote']you could end up with hot jello' date=' rather than sauce. [/quote']

Now that's an interesting idea. Not the xanthan gum but smoking hot jello :idea:
I thought it was a good idea too. Instead of putting mandarin oranges in it, do slices of Jalapenos or Bolivian Rainbow chillies.[/quote]

Ha, what a great idea... Mind if I take it back??? Of course, xanthan gum would not be the coagulant I would use.

I could call it Jellopeno. :D

T

Yeah, and little demon shape cut outs for "devil jigglers", we can get Bill Cosby with little horns to endorse it. His collection of bad sweaters is the soucre of all his evil. :idea:

I tasted 357 Magnum Reserve. It had some heat, but I swear, all I could taste was the xanthan gum. :idea: I took several tastes of it. No change. No other flavor came out. Try not to overdo it. yeuch.

tinner666 said:
I tasted 357 Magnum Reserve. It had some heat, but I swear, all I could taste was the xanthan gum. :idea: I took several tastes of it. No change. No other flavor came out. Try not to overdo it. yeuch.

I asked the Peppermaster about it, he said "It tastes like something slippery and slimy that when you put it into your mouth, you want to get rid of it right away!"

yeuch is right!

You should know that he also said that in minute quantities, it can have positive impact on mouth feel, it adds a little body and well... nice mouth feel.

Like I said... less is more.

T

don't use it, prbobly won't use it. just see it too much to ignore a little experimentation. best info on it came from the google adds that pop up from the subject of the forum up top :D

Back