Xcatic pepper seed

Can anyone help ... posted on the UK chilli forum is a cry for help from an American chef living in Rome. He states that he has been trying to source this Mexican variety for several years. Closest he came was a restaurant in Mexico who said he could pop in and he would be given some seed

Anyone growing this ... have a few spare seeds or if you know of a vendor selling this seed Steve the chef would be extremely grateful

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong thread

Thank you Pierre I have posted him the link ... I reckon you could be owed a free meal if ever in Rome. Will keep you posted
Pierre seems we are not there yet ... the banana chilli is similar but not in flavour ... Stephen has just wrote ....

Thanks for the continued help!
As I mentioned Güero Chiles are similar in look (a lot shorter, smaller) but not in flavour. I don't know why Xcatic peppers are thought to be the same as every other blond type chile. I first tasted them 25 years ago while traveling with my father in the Yucatan and I have never forgotten them. Every other time I have re-visited the Yucatan, I have made sure to order something made of them at least once. I really regret not bring some seeds home with me on one of my trips, but it was several years ago and a few years before I started gardening.

...Stephen

Back