• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Y.A.P.I.T.

What is Y.A.P.I.T. you ask?

Yet Another Pepper Identification Thread!

My neighbour brought a pod over to me, and I actually don't know what it is. He was hoping that I could grow some for him, but he can only get the unripened pods at the markets which of course are no use to me for growing.

IMG_20110901_112534.jpg

I know the "bling" in the background may distract you a bit, but if you look closer you notice the hand holding it. it's not a very large chile. I would say it's a Capsicum annuum of some sort. :P

My neighbour is Sri Lankan, confined to a wheel chair, I think he was born with deformed legs, never had the guts to ask him what happened.

He says the chillies are similar to what he knows of back home in Sri Lanka, but I dare say they aren't growing completely the same thing here. I might get him to save me some seeds and I'll see if I can work some magic.

If anyone knows of what this might be known as in Sri Lanka, please do let me know!

Was talking 'bout the gold rings. honestly didn't notice the chair. mine looks nicer. :lol:

http://www.thechileman.org/results.php?chile=1&find=Any&heat=Any&origin=Sri+Lanka&genus=Any&submit=Search

The MI-2 and KA-2 look a lot like your. the fact MI-2 is much older than the newly crossed KA-2 (with a PC-1... blah!), it's the most probable result.

Back