• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Yelanfam Farms 2020 GLOG

I mean, where TF should really even start...

This time last year I all ready had seedlings and the start of a new jungle.

This year I haven't planted a single seed yet(I learned my lesson last year about planting too early).

But this weekend all the chinense will hit the dirt.

The plan is to up the online sells, and focus on the local sweet peppers. Shooting for around 800-1,000 plants.

I will put more focus on cherry tomatoes this year, and get everything in the ground a lot earlier than last year.

I've acquired some new varieties but I'm graving some of the old favorites. I've been missing my Shishtios and Jimmy Nardellos for months.

I also have to decided what my 2020 sauce will be. Last years was a mix of tabasco, pequin, chile de arbol, and cayenne. This is still fermenting and will be ready to give to everyone that helps me plant this year. I call it the friends and family reserve.

I will continue the Gator Jigsaw strain I got from last year, and expand my Khang Starr Lemon Starrburst crop. I only had 2 plants of those last year from 4 seeds, this year I'll plant around 6 plants. I will seek out other varieties and expand upon those.

Hawkins said:
I mean, where TF should really even start...

This time last year I all ready had seedlings and the start of a new jungle.

This year I haven't planted a single seed yet(I learned my lesson last year about planting too early).

But this weekend all the chinense will hit the dirt.

The plan is to up the online sells, and focus on the local sweet peppers. Shooting for around 800-1,000 plants.

I will put more focus on cherry tomatoes this year, and get everything in the ground a lot earlier than last year.

I've acquired some new varieties but I'm graving some of the old favorites. I've been missing my Shishtios and Jimmy Nardellos for months.

I also have to decided what my 2020 sauce will be. Last years was a mix of tabasco, pequin, chile de arbol, and cayenne. This is still fermenting and will be ready to give to everyone that helps me plant this year. I call it the friends and family reserve.

I will continue the Gator Jigsaw strain I got from last year, and expand my Khang Starr Lemon Starrburst crop. I only had 2 plants of those last year from 4 seeds, this year I'll plant around 6 plants. I will seek out other varieties and expand upon those.
I like the plan.  More focus on cherry tomatoes should be good for you.  Around here nothing sells better than a mixed colored boxes of cherry tomatoes.  Up the online sales on the supers and local sales of sweets.  Nice.  

Harry_Dangler said:
I like the plan.  More focus on cherry tomatoes should be good for you.  Around here nothing sells better than a mixed colored boxes of cherry tomatoes.  Up the online sales on the supers and local sales of sweets.  Nice.  
Yeah, last year my tomato crop failed basically, so this year I'll trim those down and focus more on them. Black Cherry, and Yellow Pear are my favorites.

PtMD989 said:
Do you have room for Haskorea peppers,eh. Makes a great powder. I have plenty of seeds to go around [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've got plenty of room, I'm just debating on if I want to open up more ground for just melons this year. I looked those up and they do look pretty good. I personally prefer the sweeter kind, and like powders and frying peppers.

I learned my lesson last year and didn't start too early.

This is what my trays are looking like, I have only seeded 2 trays so far. Aji's and Annums grow too fast to start at the same time.

L6Rsy1J.jpg

Also I just noticed I forgot to add my sources to that table.

Here's some pre-seeded action pics. I sort my seeds and labels, and make sure they are accurate with the table. I want to be able to track when I planted, and the source of the seeds.

These were seeded 02/25/20 at 2am.

dQvg6Ga.jpg

As of Monday, 03/02/20 at 3pm EST they have popped.

al53yag.jpg

Even the Carolina Reapers are popping early.
No28sAT.jpg

Last year this was the most terrifying time. I had no idea what I was really doing, and at the time didn't even have heating mats, this year I was fairly confident, and I guess that's a good thing.

I'll seed the other peppers later this week, more towards the end of the week.

Great to see the seedlings emerging, Hawk. 

I always hold my breath until the first sprouts
appear. Once they start, I can breath easier
knowing that my system, in theory, is working!

Good luck getting those growing and ready for
plant-out1

PaulG said:
Great to see the seedlings emerging, Hawk. 

I always hold my breath until the first sprouts
appear. Once they start, I can breath easier
knowing that my system, in theory, is working!

Good luck getting those growing and ready for
plant-out1
Same, I always hate the waiting period. I don't use my lights until I see sprouts. So I just have to monitor them closely. But knowing that I did everything right is always a good thing.

PtMD989 said:
What kinds of melons are you doing this year? Didn’t they do pretty good for ya last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah they did great... until towards the end of the season with the animals got them. Well worth it though.

I'm ditching the Bradford melon, it's all hype and wasn't as good as I was hoping. The Beni Kodima was a fast producer but wasn't very tasty.

This years watermelons will be

Charleston Grey
Crimson Sweet
Yamato Cream

If you plan to grow one I highly suggest the Yamato Cream. It's a yellow fleshed water melon, that is super sweet and has a slight pear taste. I will double maybe triple those this year. They are the ones I craved after they were gone.

I'll focus on more cherry tomatoes as well, Black Cherry is a must.

Cantaloupes will be Hales Best.

Best of luck this year! I can only dream about having 1000 plants  :surprised:
Btw thanks for the Lemon starrbust seeds! I got them in the reddit seed exchange, looking forward to finally tasting them this year  :P
That sauce mix last year sounds delicious 

Mildfruit said:
Best of luck this year! I can only dream about having 1000 plants  :surprised:
Btw thanks for the Lemon starrbust seeds! I got them in the reddit seed exchange, looking forward to finally tasting them this year  :P
That sauce mix last year sounds delicious 
1,000 will be a stepping stone hopefully to bigger things.

Also nice I've seen those have been shipped around the world, it's great. I would love some pics of the packs and plants with something that says Denmark to show how far they've come.

Once the seeds start popping up it goes fast.

fIOD1f8.jpg

This tray I have at least 1 of everything, hopeful I'll get my numbers up in the next day or two.
V9yyyZc.jpg

Also the Khang Starr Varieties are doing pretty good. I only have a limited number of seeds for these, mostly around 3, some even less. I'm just hoping for 1 good plant. I've got 11 or 12 of his this year. That will be what I send into the exchange.

L4mOYFH.jpg

Lights have been running 24/7 since they popped.

Butch T. Scorpions are looking phenomenal.
4RVa6UG.jpg

W3xIYro.jpg

One tray is doing great, the other tray I'm not happy with the germination rates.
hFov7g7.jpg

Not sure why one tray did great, and the other not so much. Seeds were sourced from many different places, everything else was the same. Still have 7 varieties without anything popping up. I added more seeds last night to those cells.

Tonight or tomorrow I'll seed my Aji's and Annums.

Back