• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

health Yellow leaves not sure

I am trying to grow in doors. Have a spider farms grow light starting to see yellowish leaves. Any helpful tips would be great.

Attachments

• 20240622_180115.jpg
    20240622_180115.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 39
Maybe a magnesium or iron deficiency. If it’s magnesium and or iron, grab some cal-mag. That should solve your problem. That’s not organic though. But you can find organic forms of magnesium and iron nutrients. What about the plant’s location? Are they too close to the light?

Last edited:
I will try to get some cal-mag. Maybe move the lights a bit
I don’t know anything about those lights but a quick little tip people use is, put your hand under the light at about the distance the plants are. If it feels hot on the back of your hand, it’s probably too hot for the plants.

Grab a small bottle of Calmag And just read the directions on the bottle.

At that stage of the plants life, I think it’s like, half a tablespoon per gallon. Water with that for a few weeks and you should be good.

What size pots are those plants in? Those plants look pretty healthy and they’re growing pretty fast so they’re going to use up all the nutrients pretty quickly. Especially, if the pots are on the smaller side, under 3 gallons. Keep that in mind.

Last edited:
A recent pic of one of the sugar Rush Stripy plants. Note the yellowish leaves?
In ground with full sun all totaly normal.

Your plants look great.

1719150471528.png

I start my seeds with LEDs set 14" above, & with lights set at 50% power. Keep it that way until they get hardened off
& planted outside.

1719150770582.png

What are you using as your growing medium and what have you done to supplement it so far if you have yet?

Unless your growing in an inert or principally inert medium, you're more likely to have a macronutrient or more generalized nutrient issue, than a specific or micronutrient issue. You also have some recent leaf development issues with canoeing and marginal irregularities, which suggests either the lights are too close or intense or perhaps other transpiration considerations. If it's the lights, some chlorosis could also be in play.

Back