• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

yellowing and curling of leaves

These are banana pepper plants. I re-potted yesterday and watered slightly. I guess these could appear to be some form of shock or iron or sulfur dediciency. I only used a water down fish fert. These are sitting under a flour light w/2 6500 k bulbs. I don't think that has had any affect on them.

Opinions please.

Peppers003-2.jpg

Peppers004-2.jpg

Peppers002-3.jpg

chilehead70301 said:
These are banana pepper plants. I re-potted yesterday and watered slightly. I guess these could appear to be some form of shock or iron or sulfur dediciency. I only used a water down fish fert. These are sitting under a flour light w/2 6500 k bulbs. I don't think that has had any affect on them.

Opinions please.

Peppers003-2.jpg

Peppers004-2.jpg

Peppers002-3.jpg

Soil has way to much and too big of chunks of bark in it.........

I am limited to what I can get my hands on. This mix is Sta Green Potting mix. I had MG Organic and it is junk. I'm hoping that it's not the soil mix.

I've had similar problems with seedlings in MG Organic, and you're right it is complete garbage, atleast for younger plants. Looks like a lack of nitrogen, I'd try to give them a half dose of a high nitro fert, maybe like fish emulsion. I'd also suggest maybe mixing in some epsom salt for magnesium, either in the water or foliar feed with the epsom.

Thanks Dan. I just sprayed them w/epsom salt and will hit them in the morning with diluted fish emulsion. I've read so much on this site about too much fert, not enough calcium, sulfur or iron deficiencies, etc. I'm having a hard time determining what I need to do. I have a hab and tabasco plant that i thought was dead as just about all the leaves dropped. I hit them with some 15-30-15 fert in a sprtiz and also at the base and now there are new leaves. I'm hoping they continue to grow as I am getting anxious to see some pods.

Usually when I have a few of the same plants (like you do) displaying similar symptoms I just try what I think will work on 2 or 3 of them, or in your case 1 or 2. Its just better to be safe then sorry. If symptoms dont get better within a week, I know it's not what I thought it was (sounds confusing). That way if you do the epsom and nitrogen fert on just 2 of them, and not on the other and you dont see results within a week, it'll eliminate those options and you can go onto the other 164083 possibilities. More then often its also "too much" of something as well, as in water or fert. Best of luck, keep us updated with results!

chilehead70301 said:
I am limited to what I can get my hands on. This mix is Sta Green Potting mix. I had MG Organic and it is junk. I'm hoping that it's not the soil mix.

If your mix is too coarse you can always screen it by taking some hardware cloth and staple it to a square wooden frame and sift out the chunks.

im not sure what water down fish fert is but doesnt seem to b workinhg. def screen ur soil like log sin theyre. also might help to try and kee plant centered in pot. how close did you keep the lights on them?

The lights are probably 6-8" from the cups. I guess I will begin shifting the soil to remove the chunks. As for as the fish fert, it's just 1/4 strength.

Back