• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite Yelow Peppers are my Favorite

All my favorite C. chinenses are yellow, but for C. annuums I really seem to like the orange ones.
Some of my favorites in no particular order are: fatalii, Scotch bonnet TFM, true Jamaican Scotch bonnet, Bonda ma Jacques, bigsun, Carmine, and Burkina yellow

Our tastes seem to run the same. I need to try those. SB TFM?

Gold bullet habs were maybe my favorite, but picking all of those tiny pods was a PITA!!

I need to get hold of a yellow 7 pot I suppose.

I think Yellow 7 pot/pods will make my favorites list too, great heat and taste, and very productive!
I gave up growing all small podded peppers recently, I just hate spending the time picking and processing them, and a lot unfortunately just get wasted:(

Same here. That fruity yellow flavor rocks! Cumari and fatalli are at the top of my list and i've always liked the yellow chinenses i've found at supermarkets. My super prolific limons are nice too. Have yet to try a yellow 7. I've got a yellow jamaican SB starting to pod that i'm waiting anxiously for.

Was putting together my to grow list for next year the other day and realized that most of them are yellows.

Drying yellow pods is a little disapointing.:(

They turn kinda brown. I would love some canary yellow powder!(other than tumeric;))

cheezydemon said:
Drying yellow pods is a little disapointing.:(

They turn kinda brown. I would love some canary yellow powder!(other than tumeric;))

I think it may be the sugars that cause the browning during drying. Try drying Datil and see how you like the color.

Middle in pic is Datil layered with the darker Fatalii powder.

DSCN0821.jpg

Silver_Surfer said:
I think it may be the sugars that cause the browning during drying. Try drying Datil and see how you like the color.

Middle in pic is Datil layered with the darker Fatalii powder.

DSCN0821.jpg

:shocked:

I want that so bad

I hear you on the powder want. Damn SS that is an enormous amount of heat brother. Don't ya just feel like running your hands and fingers through it? Oh the pain, the lovely lovely pain. I need help.

This is my first year for yellow peppers and I still haven't made up my mind. UnNatural's little Cumari pods sure scores one for the yellows, those babies are sweet. Freaking hot too!

Back