• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

You know what really grinds my gears?!?

I also get annoyed with some hot sauce claim their product is xxx hot and its like water on my food. Its like some companies are all about hype and not substance.
Yea, I've tried to 'school' edjimacate a few sauce makers who use Bhuts or scorpions, and the pepper is listed about 6th on their ingredient list, and they claim their sauce is 1.5mil-2.5mil SHU. :banghead: I at least try to get them to claim.."MADE WITH 2mil SHU scoripon peppers..."

Last edited:
Yea, I've tried to 'school' edjimacate a few sauce makers who use Bhuts or scorpions, and the pepper is listed about 6th on their ingredient list, and they claim their sauce is 1.5mil-2.5mil SHU. :banghead: I at least try to get them to claim.."MADE WITH 2mil SHU scoripon peppers..."
That's why I even dropped any heat level indicator on my candies. You have a pretty good idea with the raw (or even powdered) peppers, but put them in a recipe and everything changes.

Back