• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Youtube driving traffic away from folk?

Sometimes I really think I am an idiot.  Have watched this and read over and over.  I cant figure out what he is saying Youtube is doing to his channel.  He seems to be saying Youtube is driving traffic away but that makes no sense.  Youtube makes money off the advertising on his videos.  I know Youtube upset a great many folk who got blacklisted for certain advertisers,  but I thought that was over.  Is there something new going on?  Maybe they changed the advertising rules again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uwTeZlxk10&feature=share

I believe he's saying that YouTube is punishing him for claiming that he owns his own content to make sure that nobody else is making money off of his videos and that they're not going to try to fix it because YouTube has bigger concerns. Strikes are when YouTube is like "Hey, don't do that. Three strikes and you're out bucko"

Honestly, it seems like a cry for subscriptions to me with the "Unless this channel gets 100k subscribers I'll be leaving YouTube" line. I could be wrong, but it's kind of fishy to me.

AndyW said:
Honestly, it seems like a cry for subscriptions to me with the "Unless this channel gets 100k subscribers I'll be leaving YouTube" line. I could be wrong, but it's kind of fishy to me.

With the threat of no more videos unless 100K subscribers, maybe the whole of the message is that Youtube has made it unprofitable for him to continue?  Was reading about a channel that was once so popular, they rented a house to create their videos.  I think they were called something like Zombie Go Boom.  Youtube added some sort of filters to the automated avertisements and their revenue went to almost nothing.  They felt they got a raw deal because the filters were intended to keep advertisers off racist channels and they were mainly funded by weapons manufacturers who given the choice rather than some automated thing would gladly advertise with the.  Lets face it, it is OK to be a racist against zombies right?

Back