event Zest Fest 2010 Thread

Ok, there will be a MAJOR announcement from our friends that run the annual Zest Fest in Texas every year. This announcement will be very soon. In speaking with the powers that be, the next Zest Fest will be completely different form any on the past, and will be an AMAZING upgrade to what has been done in the past. Stay tuned, the official announcement is coming soon. I didn't want to jump the gun and give away the good stuff, but wanted to give those that are thinking of attending something to REALLY look forward to! I also want to nip all the rumors in the bud, as some of the rumors are not quite on target, and some are no where near the target.

hlooks like I will be able to attend this one as I can't any of the others coming up (depending on what the new date is of course)

will be a pretty decent drive for me - the closest of any of the shows

I am really looking forward to this one regardless of what format it is!

After months of speculation and the news of the sale of ZestFest the Fiery Food Challenge, there is finally some official information on the next ZestFest. It is being held in the gorgeous, brand-new Irving Convention Center at Las Colinas, in Irving, Texas on January 28-30, 2011. Dubbed "ZestFest 2011", this event appears to be worth the long wait.

In contrast to years past, there promises to be an all-out media blitz both in the traditional and online worlds.

If you're a spicy food maker and would like to know more information on booth reservations for Zestfest 2011 or entries into the Fiery Food Challenge, contact Judy Magouirk at 817-306-4386 or judymagouirk@att.net. If you are in the DFW area and would like to see the construction of the Irving Convention Center, they host a "hard hat tour" the fourth Friday of each month and they would like to include you. Contact Cheryl Calhoun at 972-252-7476 or ccalhoun@irvingconventioncenter.com for more information.

There ya go! I actually felt good when Judy sent out the announcement, knowing what this was all about I REALLY wanted to spill the beans, but alas, my self-control was firmly in place. This should be one of the best, if not THE best events I've seen. Between the fact that the Superbowl is going to be played in Dallas this time, Zest Fest's timing of this, during media week, will be huge, in my opinion. Not to mention the fact that the city of Irving wants Zest Fest to be the inaugural event for the brand new facility is friggin' awesome, and will bring even bigger crowds, curious about the facility. The city of Irving is also helping in a huge way to promote this event, through tv spots, radio spots and billboards, all in the center of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metro area. If anyone is trying to decide on an event to go to, I really don't think you have to look any further.

typical...moving it to Irving...dammit...

oh well, cya in January...problem is, there won't be any fresh pods then...

as you can tell, I am kinda disappointed with the move but will hold further speculation until I attend the event...

do they have anything up on a website yet?

We met up with Judy Magourik yesterday at the NASFT Fancy Food Show in Manhattan, and she gave me a disc with all information about the Zest Fest show next January. If any vendors need further information regarding the show, including sign-up paperwork, shoot me an email with an email address you'd like the info sent to, and I'll get it out to you.

I wonder how the Super Bowl will affect the lodging situation....
Get a room NOW and there shouldn't be a problem. The happenin' joint is the Holiday Inn Express, which is across the parking lot from the convention center. Most of the vendors are staying there. There is also a Marriott within walking distance of the convention center as well. Like you said, it's the beginning of media week, so everything is going to fill up FAST.

Back