• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce HELP finding this hot sauce!

My wife bought me this stuff when she went to Cancun last year and I cannot find it anywhere! I've tried calling, sending e-mail, and doing web searches and have came up with nothing. It's called Caribbean Best on the main label but whent she got it it had a small cover label that read (Secretos Mayas) stuck on only covering the Caribbean Best name. Can any of you tell me where I can get some more of this great sauce OR another great smoked hot chocolate habanero sauce. I like heat but I'm not into trying to blow my head off. That's why I like this stuff, it's hot but it also has a tremendous flavor. Here are some pictures.

100_0373.jpg

100_0374.jpg

100_0375.jpg

GOOSEMAN

Did you try the email address under the nutrition labeL? Maybe they would have some distribution info or a way to order direct.

I've never seen that here. Looks like a Mexican product with an english label for the tourist market.

Yes I tried the e-mail I even tried to call the phone number and it was all a dead end! Man I really like this stuff! Do you know of anything that would have similar flavor?

It's kind of hard to suggest what might taste like that, we don't know what it tastes like.

There are lots of habanero sauces out there... what were the key flavours??

T

Well, I don't really know how to go about explaining it. It has a deep smokey flavor that really stands out and that's I guess what I like so much. It's hot but not blow your head off hot. It has just enough heat to get your attention and give you what I call a good burn, but not so much that it kills the great flavor. Any ideas on something to try?

Gooseman said:
Well, I don't really know how to go about explaining it. It has a deep smokey flavor that really stands out and that's I guess what I like so much. It's hot but not blow your head off hot. It has just enough heat to get your attention and give you what I call a good burn, but not so much that it kills the great flavor. Any ideas on something to try?

It sounds a bit like Dave's Hurtin Habanero, assuming you don't mind the heavy cilantro overtones (I might just be imagining those).

Our Peppermaster is formulating a smoked habanero sauce, but it won't be ready for a while yet.

T

Back