• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Throwdown Throne

Dry, like JHP his-self.  :rofl:

It looked dry to me... the "picture".

(tell me you didn't add some mayo or mustard or ketchup or béarnaise, to "actually eat it")

Congrats anyway.

Scoville DeVille said:

(tell me you didn't add some mayo or mustard or ketchup or béarnaise, to "actually eat it")

Congrats anyway.

Someone's drunk and the truth is smacktalking out. :rofl:
PS. There's cocktail sauce on it. Dummy!

o

o

o

o

o

I just cocktaild ALL OVER  thiss post. hahahahahhaa

DRY

Scoville DeVille said:

Congrats anyway.
Go milk a goat turd and put it on your sammie....

In the epic battle that was Pizza Party...

Congrats to:

Classic/Rustic
PIC 1 - Pizza Margherita

Lovers
PIC 1 - Caribbean Bang

Deep Dish
PIC 1 - Chicago Stuffed Special

Unique
FreeportBurn - Jamaican Me Crazy

Dessert
JayT - Dessert Pizza with Bacon Jam, Pears, Figs, and Feta

Well done guys!

Overall poll is coming up!

We have a winner folks!

Best Overall Pizza

PIC 1 - Chicago Stuffed Special

We got 48 votes in the first poll, and 51 in this one. Just about the same, but passing the 50 mark is rare, I feel the people have spoken!

A well deserved win, that pie is a textbook classic with excellent execution.

Let's not forget we have 6 crowns here, the overall (PIC 1), and the following 5.

Classic/Rustic
PIC 1 - Pizza Margherita

Lovers
PIC 1 - Caribbean Bang

Deep Dish
PIC 1 - Chicago Stuffed Special

Unique
FreeportBurn - Jamaican Me Crazy

Dessert
JayT - Dessert Pizza with Bacon Jam, Pears, Figs, and Feta

Congrats to all!

One for the books! See you next year!

Great !

First off I'd like to congratulate everyone that participated.....all should be considered winners.
There's many outstanding scratch pizza makers on this site...some who didn't have a chance to enter. I just feel fortunate to be part of this large core group.

Thanks to those who voted for any of my pies, although the Deep Dish was my favorite ..those who are true chiliheads would have appreciated trying the "Caribbean Bang"
That was the hottest (non extract) pizza I've eaten.
Also a shout out to the friends who shared some chuckles through the week........... :lol: .....................and support and encouragement !

time to head out to work....

thanks again.....it's been a slice

Congrats! Seeing PIC with 6 crowns is much better (and still not enough!).
Of course congrats also to Jay and FB!

grantmichaels said:
A little hard to fathom Essegi not getting a crown given the total body of work, but each had to stand on their own, so that's how it goes ...
Thanks, but my only good pizza was marinara. PIC 1 made a similar pizza in some regards but cooked much better! :D

Pizza Party and Patty Wars were definitely epic this year!

And every TD was fun and interesting. Every one we did, people kept saying was one of the best yet. It was really a great year for TDs!

Go back and look at Joyner's BBQ tapas art. Or his Seafood Soup & Sandwich. salsalady's Asian wings. Etc. etc. Very good year!

All entries were phenomenal. You guys should be very proud of being able to create such masterpieces.
PIC1's Chicago Stuffed Special did look amazing but it was the Caribbean Bang that really caught my eye.
Looks crazy hot but the rest of the ingredients got me salivating just from reading the list.

Back