• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Throwdown Throne

Husker21 wins Chili!

SumOfMyBits wins Veggie Chili BY A VOTE!

That was friggin epic!

On a side note, Sum beat fry in the "SoFlo Race To 8!" 8 damn crowns!

I can't believe there was not one discussion about beans or no beans in the TD or the voting! Wow! That makes me happy! I ended up voting for a non-bean chili, but I had to look back at it after I voted to realize it. It wasn't a factor in the vote, they were all chilies, I just happened to be fond of that one.

Great job by all!

"No beans" won!!!! The bean haters and chili snobs all rejoice silently!! :lol:

At this frequency, I'll be due again in 2018 - by which time I'll have long forgotten how much more time a TD entry thread takes to draft compared to a regular thread.

Try making the damn poll! And then closing the tab by mistake (I think twice lol).

At least it's over!!!! Ha! I'm kinda surprised no cans of beans were thrown. 

Dang it!  I got back to the voting thread at 4:20pm  I missed it!!! 

Congrats to Huskers and SumBits!!!!    This was a very fun TD.  Was this the most entries in a TD?  or maybe the burger one????  Great turnout, and great creativity from everyone!

The Hot Pepper said:
Husker21 wins Chili!

SumOfMyBits wins Veggie Chili BY A VOTE!

That was friggin epic!

On a side note, Sum beat fry in the "SoFlo Race To 8!" 8 damn crowns!

I can't believe there was not one discussion about beans or no beans in the TD or the voting! Wow! That makes me happy! I ended up voting for a non-bean chili, but I had to look back at it after I voted to realize it. It wasn't a factor in the vote, they were all chilies, I just happened to be fond of that one.

Great job by all!

I agree - hell of a competition - been slammed with last minute ingredient sourcing & label finalizing, so missed on the vote, but I went to go click Husker. He woulda won by 2 votes. The mole, the little sugar skulls in the background, the photo quality - home run. Looks amazing, and I love me a good mole - never had mole chile but I might be making that recipe soon. 

Congrats husker & great job! 

awesome TD,  pretty happy that both I voted for won.  In each case it was their cornbread that put them over top for my vote.    Sum's Banana cornbread was just genius.

Back