• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Pan fried Polish sausage salad with baby spinach leaves, green beans, chickpeas, red onion, cherry tomatoes, Rocoto Aji Largo and grated Parmesan cheese. Dressing is simply olive oil, lemon and freshly ground black pepper and salt.
X0to6GC.jpg

SR.

I'm eating a bowl of mushroom soup I made this morning.

It's dirt simple to make. Mushrooms, onions, garlic, salt and butter. Carmelize to the max. Some reaper squeezins soaked into  my wooden blender spoon made it plenty spicy. Ummm, yeah, that spoon isn't supposed to be in the kitchen

Add some broth, half & half, pepper, thyme and more butter. Leave it on low to finish cooking and eat, eat and eat some more. And then it's gone until next time.

Nice sheen, what do you attribute that sheen to? Because does not look oily looks like that nice gloss to a good beef stew.

Corn starch slurry?

The Hot Pepper said:
Nice sheen, what do you attribute that sheen to? Because does not look oily looks like that nice gloss to a good beef stew.

Corn starch slurry?
There is a small amount of corn starch slurry in it but I think a lot of it comes from the br0ken down collagen in the meat.

i got the urge for some chile but decided to change it up a little. i usually use store bought spices and also use tomato puree. the recipe i had been using called for 2 LBS of beef and a quarter cup of chili powder. i would also add some diced fresh jalapeno to bring up heat to my liking. for this chili i am using dried peppers from this years grow. ancho, jalapeno and cowhorn. i broke them into 1 inch pieces and toasted them lightly in a dry skillet and then tossed them into a blender with some beef stock till liquified. i picked up 1.26 lbs of chuck along with 2.6 lbs of 85/15 lean ground beef.  i used beef stock this time around in place of tomato. some people say chili should have no beans or tomato but i think its a personal preference. i don`t care for red kidney beans but i really like black beans. its still got a few more hours to go in the slow cooker but i`m hoping its as good as my regular recipe. i may have to add some cornstarch at the end to thicken it up. 

Attachments

• 20181103_141000_resized.jpg
    20181103_141000_resized.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 20181103_163229_resized.jpg
    20181103_163229_resized.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 67
Hungry... Hungry... Tinnie!   :shocked:   :confused:

2oR5CxO.jpg

Now granted... i may have been a little bit more than   :drunk: when i cooked... hell i may be now   :beer: ..... but i didnt forget this awesome feed.....

T-Bone seasoned with salt and pepper and paprika..... sauteed mushrooms..... zuchinni sauteed with garlic and thai chillies.... tomato and basil salad with cheese stuffed cherry peppers....Greek lemon, garlic and chilli roast potatoes...... went a bit beast mode but totally worth it....   :party:

Loco moco.

Texafied.

Get some butter and chiles toreados going.

IMG_1119.JPG

Add more butter.

Beef stock.

Reduce.

Make some gravy.

IMG_1126.JPG

Texas toast.

Instead of rice.

IMG_1128.JPG

Black Betty.

Smash her.

My girl.

IMG_1130.JPG

Sunny side it.

IMG_1132.JPG

Loco mocoficated.

IMG_1146.JPG

Texas Edition.

IMG_1152.JPG

Its a hamburger.

On Texas Toast.

Hot gravy.

Splooged heavy.

With a sunny side up egg on top.

I'm old enough now.

To not give a dang.

About what I eat.

Because.

Gravy.

Got dang it.

texas blues said:
Loco moco.

Texafied.

Get some butter and chiles toreados going.

attachicon.gif
IMG_1119.JPG

Add more butter.

Beef stock.

Reduce.

Make some gravy.

attachicon.gif
IMG_1126.JPG

Texas toast.

Instead of rice.

attachicon.gif
IMG_1128.JPG

Black Betty.

Smash her.

My girl.

attachicon.gif
IMG_1130.JPG

Sunny side it.

attachicon.gif
IMG_1132.JPG

Loco mocoficated.

attachicon.gif
IMG_1146.JPG

Texas Edition.

attachicon.gif
IMG_1152.JPG

Its a hamburger.

On Texas Toast.

Hot gravy.

Splooged heavy.

With a sunny side up egg on top.

I'm old enough now.

To not give a dang.

About what I eat.

Because.

Gravy.

Got dang it.

I never seen nothing like it but I'd smash

Tinnie said:
Hungry... Hungry... Tinnie!   :shocked:   :confused:

2oR5CxO.jpg

Now granted... i may have been a little bit more than   :drunk: when i cooked... hell i may be now   :beer: ..... but i didnt forget this awesome feed.....

T-Bone seasoned with salt and pepper and paprika..... sauteed mushrooms..... zuchinni sauteed with garlic and thai chillies.... tomato and basil salad with cheese stuffed cherry peppers....Greek lemon, garlic and chilli roast potatoes...... went a bit beast mode but totally worth it....   :party:
That looks bangin! You did a great job plating it as well. It looks very inviting.

chicken taco salad:

T3qwn55.jpg
medium rare chicken breasts  :lol:
   they will get cooked more in a bit here...

TkTVFNj.jpg
hand shredded breast meat, bell peppers and taco seasoning

G343yIf.jpg
some extra peppers and onions for my portion  :cool:

ZLsqWFy.jpg
couple spoonfuls of Homemade salsa 

8pDwJQ8.jpg
combine with fully cooked meat and seasonings

Assembly;
iI5oqMv.jpg

Layer 1 crushed tortilla chips 

TMvHKU8.jpg

Layer 2 shredded romaine and iceberg lettuce' 

XuAOoQA.jpg

Layer 3 Spanish rice

IWiQ5OE.jpg

Layer 4/5 Cheeses and finished meat / pepper mixture 

QvFkCZd.jpg

Layers 6-8 more cheese, more salsa, and black olives

i am sooo full :)

Crispy chicken fat.

Save that rice. 

Lentil.

Beans.

For yourself.

And gimme' 2 more pieces of that chicken.

Just like that.

I'm also gonna' need.

Two shots of tequila.

And a beer.

To go.

I had 8 thighs. I got the 2 larger ones. Brother got 3 smaller. My spoiled cat got the other 3 because im too lazy to run up and get here some dry food. Her 3 were just baked without any seasoning. Thats a good 6 meals for her.

She knows how to work it and it beats having this looking at you every time you are eating. She dont beg, she just stares at you hoping for a guilt trip.
7pjvwqN.jpg

ShowMeDaSauce said:
I had 8 thighs. I got the 2 larger ones. Brother got 3 smaller. My spoiled cat got the other 3 because im too lazy to run up and get here some dry food. Her 3 were just baked without any seasoning. Thats a good 6 meals for her.

She knows how to work it and it beats having this looking at you every time you are eating. She dont beg, she just stares at you hoping for a guilt trip.
7pjvwqN.jpg

That cat.

Doesn't give a got dang about what you're eating.

In that pic.

She's looking at you.

Like you're a really big mouse!

Either that.

Or she's just really pissed.

Because you've been cutting the catnip with parsley.

I'm going with the kitty catnip drugs on this one.

Look at her eyes!

Back