• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

HOT dogs

I think it is high time that we start giving one of the US' trademark foods it's due. There are a million ways to make a hot dog, and I have had many, but I have a freezer full of hot dogs (I seem to never be able to pass them up when on sale), and I need some ideas. I propose this thread as a place to show off your hot dog prowess. Let's make them creative and of course HOT! I don't have a get started pic as this just came to me and I have just eaten, but I promise to chime in with some pics soon. In the meantime, what is YOUR favorite dog?

Found a new hotdog topper to try out. They had it on sale and it aint bad at all. Very crunchy plus way more zip than i thought it would have. Hotter than my "slaw kimchi" for sure. They do offer a raw version also in bags. Probably the same kraut as Farm House. Great Lakes Kraut makes it for both or them.
042b3dce-191b-40ec-a51b-09fd835e23c8_1.2d1458afab1b5a8e6bf17ddde3176765.jpeg

Nothing beats homemade kraut on a brat, sausage or hotdog. I started a 42oz batch just for them a couple days ago. "kimchi style" kraut because i like it a little spicy and it ferments a little faster too. Always make more when you are on your last quart so you never run out of pucker sour kraut. :D

Next Costco rona run im getting these again. They were killer last time. 1 92gram link is only 630 sodium.
Kiolbassa-Jalapeno-Beef-Sausage.jpg

ShowMeDaSauce said:
Nothing beats homemade kraut on a brat, sausage or hotdog. I started a 42oz batch just for them a couple days ago. "kimchi style" kraut because i like it a little spicy and it ferments a little faster too. Always make more when you are on your last quart so you never run out of pucker sour kraut. :D

Next Costco rona run im getting these again. They were killer last time. 1 92gram link is only 630 sodium.
Kiolbassa-Jalapeno-Beef-Sausage.jpg
I went looking for these at my Costco.  They didn't have them.  They had the Roasted Garlic variety.  Bought a package and they're tasty as well.

Mine was out also but they had the plain organic beef or the garlic pork. I got the organic beef last time. The regular smoked sausage is also excellent. Only reason i dont buy it at Costo is i can get good Swojska polish sausage at our international market cheaper and i dont have to buy a huge pack of it. Kiolbassa brand beef smoked sausage may be pricy but its excellent.

Back