event Open Fields 2011!

midwestchilehead

Extreme Member
Jim Campbell put out an email to the chileheads list today saying that he has scheduled Open Fields 2011 for October 7-9 2011, somewhere in Indiana. If you have never been, you owe it to yourself to go!

He is out of business, AJ. He sold mild to wild to another Indiana spice company and retired from the chile growing business. The website lives on. I guess he caught enough heat from Chileheads who shamed him into having another open fields, minus the chile-picking. It will probably still occur in a field, but just the camping and partying.

so he is NOT out of business then huh?

Nicole, the location is given only to those who want to attend and email Jim that they will be attending, but any chilehead is welcome. They keep the location somewhat secret to prevent local riff-raff from crashing.

It's really more like a family reunion with the 3rd & 4th coozan's(cousins to you yanks) you never met before! It's basicly camping out if you
stay in the fields, but there are hotels to stay in if you want to come & go (staying in the fields is the way to go, I've done
it both way's)If I make it (keep me away, lol) expect some of the best gulf seafood we have to offer, maybe even a hot pepper or 2,
the Trinidad Scorpion was available at OF the same year the Naga Morrich was supposed to be the hottest, there was some surprises in the
heat level even before that, but it'll cost you a couple of beers and a trip to open fields to hear those stories!~

Back