• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Genetic Variability and Traditional Practices in Naga King Chili Landraces of Nagaland

Genetic Variability and Traditional Practices in Naga King Chili Landraces of Nagaland

Good article on the history, use, growing, and prevention of disease of ghost peppers, Potash in the form of fine wood ash seems to provide protection from aphids and mealy bugs (see page 4 of the presentation). Plants grown indoors can grow as high as 12 ro 13 feet after 3 years of age, and don't need bright sun. One pepper can serve the needs of a family of 5 to 6 for two meals a day, because it is used in small bits added to dishes (as I discovered myself, in tiny amounts, it is in fact a real treat).

I believe my observations are correct as well, these things almost require a tropical rainforest like environment in order to thrive in the wild. This paper reinforces that assumption. If go into google images and search: "Nagaland rain forest" you will see images that corrobrate my observation. If you search on: "nagaland bhut jolokia plant" you will see some images of fairly tall ghost pepper bushes as well. Cool stuff.

There are many more interesting facts than I highlighted here, the paper is worth reading if you are serious about growing these plants.

Maybe Marin from Nagaland would care to comment on the School of Agricultural Sciences paper here.

Ghosty... :cool:

Back