• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

Hey y'all looking through the sacred THP scrolls it is apparent that most awesome of foods is sorely neglected. That's right chidren's, I'm talkin' about BURGERS!! Sliders. Pub burgers. Fast food style burgers. Gastro burgers. Cheffy burgers. CHEESEBURGERS!!! Single and double meat. Triple meat. Extreme burgers. Man vs. Food burgers....the list is endless but y'all get the idea.

We won't go into the endless arguments of who created the first hamburger (Fletcher Davis) or what meat qualifies as a burger. Nonetheless....here are the rules for posting in this soon to be awesome thread:

1. Any meat goes. Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, rat, fish. Whatever, hunt it down and kill it with a knife. Its all good and I've included the options other than the traditional beef so all the kids can play in the pool. If its ground and round, its all good.

2. The damn 'thang has to be between 2 slices of bread or bun. White bread. Brioche. Sourdough. English muffin. Whole wheat. Its got to be bready. No wrap crap or wild pizza dough like chingaderra's.

3. Any cooking method goes. Grilled. Broiled. Griddled. Steamed. Deep fried. Zippo lighter.

4. Because I love to ridicule to no end tree hugging granola wimps and hippy's.....
Veggie burgers are all good. Just be prepared for the woe and gnashing of teeth and smack talk that will soon come if you post it. It will be all in fun and all good.

5. You suck at cooking? The only thing that would suck more is if you posted pics of your restaurant burger. For the sake of keeping the comedy rolling...
Any burger you didn't cook or you bought is allowed and is all good. Warning: while allowed, posting pics of BK burgers or their ilk with a splash of tabasco will bring upon you the most ridicule and insults. Even more than a veggie burger!

6. Chile's and/or hotsauce is mandatory on the burger. ON the burger, no crap on the side.

7. Pics are mandatory. No posting about a burger you made or ate without pics. You will suffer extreme ridicule and experience much loathing. Just don't do it.

8. Include a list of condiments and toppings. Mayo. Mustard. Onions. Cheese. Extract of male baboon spermatazoa. Whatever. Post it.

There it is y'all. Can you get down brown with it? Allrighty then...

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Here's mine. Sliders. 80/20 ground chuck from Matador Meat Market, Frisco, Tx. Cooked over fine diced yellow onions in cast iron using the smash technique. Toasted Pepperidge Farm slider buns with mustard, the onions, dill pickle and jalapeno pickle slices. Kraft brand American Plastic Cheese.

IMG_3447.jpg

Adult beverages are encouraged in the pics but not mandatory. Dig that awesome cast iron crust sear!

IMG_3448.jpg

So bring on your burgers. And that means those damn Aussie's and their stinkin' beet root too!!

The Hot Pepper said:
Usually we see overworked meat but that meat is so underworked it looks like you just picked it up from the package and tore pieces off lol. Spaghetti burgers!

Now this is proof that I cannot win...

I didn't get any pics of the process, but I got the finished product.

Patties made from 1 lb ground sirloin & 1 lb ground pork to add juiciness. Mixed in wth chopped onion, red chilis, garlic, kosher salt, fresh cracked red,green, and black peppercorns....

bacon cooked on the grill coated with fresh cracked black pepper

Baby swiss cheese, topped with home grown creole tomatoes, sauteed onions and shrooms, pickles, and green skin avacado.

All stacked on a bun toasted on the grill. Gotta have a toasted bun!

Grilled jalapenos stuffed with havarti cheese on the side. Unfortunately, a lot of said cheese bubbled out during cooking.

Note: those split 'maters in the background aren't the ones we grew. Those were given to us. Ours can be seen sliced on the plate!

9119804375_3ac3e2ee30_b.jpg

9119800305_bcdb804077_b.jpg

nice!! :dance:   thats how i like my burgers" well done!" no cold meat here!     you might here some slagey slag from these yuppie cooks on here. but im here to tell ya that i would worm across a table full of those burgers :onfire: 
ii4b8NT.gif

I don't mind a little pink in there, but my lady and daughter don't so we all eat well done

Is that JayT in the mud? lol

Phuckin A, Phil!!!! Nice job!!!

And those maters look great with it!!!!

I wouldn't call those "well done". And with pork in the grind (which is a good call), you don't want to leave it too rare.

I know they changed the regulations on pork, but I still don't play around. 

Those look perfect, all around!!! Toppings, bread, juicy, greatness!!!!!!

Well, Dang It, I missed the deadline for my Extreme Burger so figured this would be the best place to post it up. It was a really great combo of flavors based on the Lebanese foods that we love when my wife's family gets together.

Kibbeh (Meat):
Ground Lamb
Lean Ground Beef
Bulgar Wheat
Sweet Onion
Cinnamon
Salt

Normally we get lean roasts and run it through the grinder but we didn't have one so used already ground meats and ran everything through the Food Processor. First we mixed the onion and cinnamon together then added the Bulgar wheat and meats till it was all combined and the seasoning was right. I also added some egg to the mix to help bind it all together.

D50A9ED1-CCAF-4DFF-AF60-695D17BC173F-8736-00000D1F9BE33D8B_zpsa278bdae.jpg

Tabouli:
1 cup water
1 cup bulgar wheat
1 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
1/2 cup minced fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
3 tomatoes, diced
2 cucumbers, seeded and diced
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice, or to taste
1 teaspoons sea salt

Mix the water and wheat together till the water is completely absorbed. Add the rest of the ingredients together and mix well then refrigerate till ready to serve.

FAE951C3-27CB-4076-A0CB-87D23929106E-8736-00000D1FB4045560_zps6f11777d.jpg

Labneh:

Large container of Plain Greek Yogurt
Can Chipotles in Adobo Sauce

Line a wire mesh strainer with some cheese cloth or a coffee filter and dump the yogurt into it and allow it to drain overnight. When it has finished dump the Chipotles into a food processor and process till it's just a sauce. Add the labneh and blend till well mixed.

7FD4FA01-D964-413A-A9F4-3785EA2CBAD0-8736-00000D1F7C8A0E63_zps2e6cbbf7.jpg

Lebanese Potato Salad:

2 pounds Russet Potatoes, medium diced
4 Scallions, sliced thin
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
3 Tbs Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Fresh Mint, minced
2 Jalapenos, chopped

Boil potatoes about 30 minuted till done then run under cold water to stop cooking. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix till all potatoes are well coated.

2BFE57D6-AE91-4B9D-85CB-DE4D1A694185-8736-00000D1FDE6FFDDF_zps642b93f7.jpg

Using the small Pita bread for buns assemble

Bun, Kibbeh patty, Tabouli, Fetta crumbles, Labneh spread on top

00816ED6-0360-444F-8115-BE7094276270-8736-00000CAE9D45140B_zpsc6e6d91a.jpg

710B249A-AD0D-416D-8231-F4F9242258CE-8736-00000CAEAB6A28D6_zps5d308a9d.jpg

6FC6B48A-5BAA-4570-8304-9921BAEA3DE7-8736-00000CAF66F9F398_zps3c8ddea8.jpg

Really amazingly good Burger!!

So bummed this didn't get into the TD! What a beautiful blend of fresh and summery flavors!!!! I'll bet it was excellent!!!!! Hope you have some leftovers!!!!  :D

WTH RM?!?!? How did you miss the deadline with that kind of awesome?
That flavor combo (profile) sounds delicious.
I really appreciate you giving me a chance tho. :rofl:

Scovie, blame it on my Brother and the

Wait for it.....

HHHHHHHHHHWHISKEY!!!!

That burger has AWESOME flavors going on. How much did you miss the deadline by?

It's not quite extreme, kibbeh on pita is pretty common but it would have been interesting to see it in the poll.

Back