• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Help - Need Advice

Due to an idiotic weather forecaster who predicted temps wll below freezing for the next seven nights, I dug up a large (33" crown) hab bush and tried to trasplant it to a container. That was 28 hours ago, and it seems - at this point to be surviving. But is has probably 150 fruits, and dozens of blooms on it. I would like to keep it alive. At the least, have the larger fruits ripen; best case is to have the blooms turn to fruit then ripen.

So the question - should I cut off leaves? I have the roots in something a step or two above mud, in a room that is about 65 degrees temp, in natural or artificial (Cool white - 2700K) light for 16 hours a day.

Order of importance:
Get the largest pods to ripen
Get the medium pods to keep growing and then ripen
Get the smaller pods to keep growing and also ripen
Have the plant live for another two months so all the blooms produce pods and they all ripen.
Not only keep the plant alive but have it thrive this winter so in the spring I have to hire some he-men to carry it outside.

hab.jpg

TIA

When you say cut off leaves, are you asking about pruning the branches back or actually plucking off leave? I wouldn't do either, but I'm curious.

You're going to lose a few leaves and peppers from shock, anyway. If you can lay hands on some kelp or seaweed solution, it might help with the shock. Watch out for aphids, almost all plants brought in from outside break with aphids. If the humidity of the air in the room you're keeping the plant is really low, think about misting it at least every other day.

I bought the stuff to build my hoop house on the way home from work tonight because we're supposed to have a frost and possibly a freeze next week. I'm helping my mother with some stuff tomorrow, but Sunday I'll be trying to put it together. I'll take pictures.

Back