• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Buy a few pods...make a few powders!

A couple of weeks ago I managed some nice scores out of the Forum Ads here. Mostly superhots.

Bought a SFRB from Silver_Surfer:

SFRB3.jpg

Won a SFRB auction from SocalChilehead:

SFRB2.jpg

JoynersHotPeppers also sold me a SFRB:

SFRB1.jpg

And then the motherlode, a Medium FRB. I had no idea how much bigger this was than a SFRB. Easily 4x as much. An auction I won from Mtbrider17:

MFRB.jpg

I put aside the equivalent of one SFRB of mixed reds for a hot sauce, and loaded up the dehydrator with the rest after deseeding. The pods were done after about 50 hours at 115 deg F. I sorted them prior to grinding to make a mixed red powder, a mixed yellow + peach powder, and a mixed chocolate + green powder (not enough peach or green pods to merit their own powders). Awesome aromas and hot, hot, and hotter!

3cpowder.jpg

Awesome scores and those powders colors look fantastic! I think a medium flat rate is 6 smalls.

Thanks! 6 smalls? That would make sense.
Awesome looking end result! That should keep you warm for a long while not that you need it in Cali. :fireball:

Thanks man! Great box you sold me. Pretty easy to have a great end result when you start with exceptional pods. BTW, love the new avatar! ;)
Very nice 4 sure, those powders should last you a long time.

Thanks! Considering the heat these powders pack limits me to less than 1/8 tsp for an entire plate of food, these will last quite some time.

Great looking powders.

Thanks! Considering the heat these powders pack limits me to less than 1/8 tsp for an entire plate of food, these will last quite some time.

I've been using a fair amount of Bhut powder in my cooking recently and I can tell you that 1/2 tsp is a bit much for a whole recipe and a light dusting is all you need on pizza...Sure as hell can't pour it on like you would do with Cayanne. Any I bet your powders are a good deal hotter than the Bhut!!

Back