• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Made a sweet (but very hot) hot sauce/relish yesterday

I made this sweet hot sauce yesterday. It's very thick. kind of like a relish. It can be made thinner with some vinegar... It's VERY hot. It was made with one of each of very hot peppers. 7 Pot, Scorpion, Yellow and red ghost, naga morich, devil's tongue, fatali, & Congo Trinidad... Yikes.

My 12 year old son said it's so delicious and sweet but so hot. He's like, "That's actually pretty good". I would have to make it much milder for the average person.

Someday I will bottle and sell my sauces if I can ever work out the whole bottling/labelling process with a commercial food middle man, since you can't make stuff for sale at home... (at least not in New Jersey where I live, that I know of)

486750_4583971559401_1055413825_n.jpg

249514_4584134243468_2024355009_n.jpg

227942_4584364049213_1603052134_n.jpg

mango... I also want to experiment with coconut flavors in due time...

Yeah, there is a sauce (or maybe several) out there that uses whiskey style bottles and I like the way they look for hot sauce.

My fiancee (her)

424728_4461652781508_1072968729_n.jpg

hot packed the rest for me. (them)

399747_4587352363919_335372676_n.jpg

Fiance?

She looks like all kine' of fine and you haven't married her yet?

And she digs hot sauce too?

Marry that that fine 'thang before somebody calls into question your choice of sek shule' orientation! :rofl:

Fiance?

She looks like all kine' of fine and you haven't married her yet?

And she digs hot sauce too?

Marry that that fine 'thang before somebody calls into question your choice of sek shule' orientation! :rofl:

Thanks dude. Weddings are expensive. We're paying it off slowly in advance. Next June. Hopefully we won't have to postpone. We do live together though.

She likes spicy stuff but can't tolerate this kind of heat. I have to make a milder version for her and all the other normal folk in my life.

I recently made a pineapple coconut habanero sauce. I was lazy and used crushed pineapple from a can and 1/2 a can of coconut milk and it was a hit... I bet it would be even better with the amount of heat that you put into this one....

Yeah, there is a sauce (or maybe several) out there that uses whiskey style bottles and I like the way they look for hot sauce.

I have a bottle of Ass Murdering Hot Sauce in one of those bottles. I agree, I like they way it looks.

I recently made a pineapple coconut habanero sauce. I was lazy and used crushed pineapple from a can and 1/2 a can of coconut milk and it was a hit... I bet it would be even better with the amount of heat that you put into this one....

Yeah I was thinking about a "pina colada" hot sauce before I even read your post. Great minds think alike!

Back