• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything INSIDE that bread looks awesome. I think I'd just eat that part! 

I can only think of a few blue foods:
Blueberries
Blue Corn Tortillas
Blue Potatoes
Pabst Blue Ribbon
Bleu Cheese (close enough)

From that, one could make Beer-Blue Cheese dipping sauce with Blue Fries and Blue Corn Chips to dip in, with blueberry cheesecake shooters for dessert. 

Other than that.....Blue would be tough without some food coloring
(But the pics would be funny!)

Venison was very nearly had; I just barely avoided a deer-car incident tonight. Though…. I dunno…. maybe no one would complain if I drove up on the sidewalk to create my own "incident" to fill the freezer. Just a thought….

geeme said:
Venison was very nearly had; I just barely avoided a deer-car incident tonight. Though…. I dunno…. maybe no one would complain if I drove up on the sidewalk to create my own "incident" to fill the freezer. Just a thought….

Rectum? Damn near killed'em!

HOGLEG!  Quit Like-Bombing the post!  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

sheeesh, I was feeling like Sally Fields there for a quick bit---

salsalady has chosen the next TD, it is:

salsalady's Stuffed Pepper Throwdown

The first ever TD was Poppers, in 4/2009: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/9722-04-1718-09-popper-throwdown/

AlabamaJack won with multiple poppers, I found this:

aj_popper.jpg

Ha! Look at that thing! We have never revisited the Popper TD. AJ is back on the forum, and SL thought it was time!

Poppers are a pretty specific thing, so for this one, we are calling it Stuffed Peppers! This means, as long as you stuff a (hot) pepper, you are good to go! We are hoping for some super creativity on this one. Of course you could do your bacon-wrapped basic variety (booorrrrrinngg)...  but there are so many other ways you can go! I mean, if you're doing poppers, do something with them! Poppers as pizza toppings... win! You can also experiment in multiple cuisines!

Mexican:
Chile Relleno

Spanish:
Rimientos Rellenos

Indian:
Bharvan Mirch

Mediterranean:
Dolma, Yemista

Romanian:
Ardei umpluţi 

American:
Stuffed Peppers

Hungarian:
Töltött Paprika

ETC. ETC.!!!!

SO MANY cuisines have STUFFED PEPPERS! All you have to do is stuff a :hot: pepper, and be creative... for the WIN!

Does anyone dare do dessert?

Bonus: If at least two people do dessert, there will be a separate poll for Dessert Stuffed Pepper! Yes, you can do both.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?

Hell yeah! Let's do this!

Starts Friday 9/5!

I'm considering dessert. Anyone else????

Of course, I'm considering an entree as well...

(I predict Scovie makes a serious run with Chile Rellenos!)

I'm considering a dessert one also! 

Have to see how much time I have before committing to a regular one. 

:dance:  I'm so glad THe Boss picked this one.  Everyone can get in on it and the Stuff-it -vs- just poppers opens it up to all sorts of fun.

edit- if you guys (and gals!) haven't already done so, GO READ THAT FIRST POPPERS THREAD!  OMG!  If that was the first one......I can't wait to see what THIS popper/Stuffed brings!

Wow, that was a good choice!

Hope to see some ethnic entries from Agentina, Peru, etc, lots of new members from various areas where you are sure to have a stuffed pepper dish! 

cypresshill73?

What they got there?

Essegi?

Coki?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back