• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jay gonna bake a chili.

jayt_oven_fire.gif

Vegan/Vegetarian is not going to do well against meat so I will create a separate poll if at least two are entered. Same terms, cornbread too.

That means you could make two chilies if you wanted!

I am NOT creating a bean and no bean poll though. Y'all gonna hafta figure out if the people are gonna go for beans of not cuz it's all going in one poll!!!!!

:)

RAWK u heard???????????

Well if it's a separate poll, in your head, just call it soup. Problem solved! 

JayT said:
I am making my chili the way I like it with a little help from Scovie with the dried chiles #fistbump, the meats I like, beans, and whatnot.  I will like it and I hope y'all do too.  If not, guess what?  I have a pot of chili that I love and three little trophies that tell me I am great!  #FTW
I like this mantra. I just made chili this past weekend but I'm thinking I'll be in for this.

I'm going to make it like I enjoy it, and try to use the cornbread piece as a way to make it unique.

JayT said:
I am making my chili the way I like it with a little help from Scovie with the dried chiles #fistbump, the meats I like, beans, and whatnot.  I will like it and I hope y'all do too.  If not, guess what?  I have a pot of chili that I love and three little trophies that tell me I am great!  #FTW

I can attest to this.

JayBieb.jpg

The Hot Pepper said:
The meat is usually a chili grind, which is larger than a hamburger grind. You can even cut a chili grind size by hand with a good knife if you are skilled. 

Geesh. Walk away for a couple of days to come back and find a New Yorker trying to define chili meat.  ;)  Any deep-in-the-heart Texan can tell you that using ground meat (regardless of grind) is a cheat.

I did mention the knife part geeme. Like beans or no beans, some people will grind, some people will butcher. Sounds like you are in. SHOW US WHAT YOU MEAN! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back