• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Getting Harder to Get My FIX!!!!!!!

OTHERWISE TITLED: "Olympic Training going well"

Taco Bell nachos.....

Add 3 packets of hot sauce.....no good.(I like the flavor of the "hot" better than fire and I can discern no difference in heat)

drizzle a tablespoon or so of "Smoke Jalapeno Extract" my own recipe. Still no Good.

Sprinkle Hab powder all over it.........It'll do.

I crave the burn. I don't do it to be cool or to "one up" anyone else, I just love it!

I guess I am also in training. Last year's garden had orange habs, punjabs, vietnamese, and pequins for heat.
This year will have Dorset naga, naga morich, scotch bonnets, red yellow and orange rocotto, trini scorpions, aussie lanterns, red and yellow congos.:shocked:

I better add some more powder. Well, back to training!;)

Cheezy, I am in the same boat...gotta have some more...I feel like that guy that gets sprayed with pepper spray...opened his mouth and said..."may I have some more please?" (ok, I stole someones line)

Yeah you start off with Jalapenos and it's not long until you're on the Habs. But once you've done the Nagas where do you go from there?

I always get someone that says what dont you have some Burrito (insert food of choice) with your hot sauce or, your going to burn out your stomach or, is that really necessary? Having to bring something along in your wifes bag just to "make it right" is my option now a days

Take this as a compliment Lucky, because you usually make tons of sense...but: Have you been drinking?;)

Lol, I always bring food back to the office because I have my drawer of heat here.

cheezydemon said:
Jalapenos are the "gateway" pepper.

You don't eat nagas Potowie? What did you do with all of those last year?

Well Choozydome;), I do eat them is sauces and powders where I can moderate the amount but I can't posibly eat a whole fresh naga. That's just crazy talk.:lol: I still have bags full in the freezer and jars of pickled nagas as well as tonnes of dried or smoked pods that will all likely be sauced soon. I got really sick in the fall when I usually make my sauces and stuff so I'm behind, and I also really didn't expect as many pods as I got.

I admire you guys for the time you can spend on this pursuit. Mine is similar, but all it involves is research and purchase of processed hot sauces...Any peppers I use in chilis and sauces etc, are store bought.

Hats off. :cheers:

HC

I have found my tollerences this year alone jumped considerablly..Ive only had one rush and my habs unfortunatlly dont do it for me(mind you ive seen them do it for others lol)This year im growing some hotter but at the same time im going to have variety as where last year I had 50 ish carrabian reds with a few japs..I have to say though those japs were hot...(mind you I remember potawie saying something about stress) those 3 jap plants were all that was left from my origional garden when something came in and ate everything right to ground level.I threw a bunch of stems in dirt and that is what I saved..As for tollerences..I myself am still trying to see whats too hot for me...not a macho thing I just want to see what my limits are

Totally agree.. I need hotter and hotter food/sauces to get my fix. I can't wait 'til I get my order from Cross Country in April!

I've got 3.5 pounds of orange habs in the fridge, going to try to get as many of them as possible in the dehydrator tomorrow.

LUCKYDOG said:
Having to bring something along in your wifes bag just to "make it right" is my option now a days

I am with you LuCKYDOG, I do the same thing .I have one bottle of each of my sauce and powder in both may car just in case she not with me. We all are Chilihead Junkies.
Dan

LET IT BURN

I'm with Potawie on this one. I am somewhere in the middle as far as eating heatwise. Most habs are plenty hot for me. I don't have the desire to eat a Naga and go with the whole sado/masochistic chile eating thang'. Sure I have the sado and maso voices in my head..

Masochist: "Beat me, hurt me, burn me please!!"
Sadist: " Nope, Nu huh, no chance."

Fortunately I choose to not listen to them.
Cheers, TB.

Hello, my names bent & well...i'm umm freebasing slices of naga on crackers with cheese.
This is the end of the line. I have nowhere to go from here.
I dont think I'll ever eat a whole Naga on it's own though...thats just insane (cue IGG)

It was a bit of a hard read even now... Dont get me wrong I do have a stash here + I make a majority of my lunches because I got tired of the short commings of the area delis .... as you know yourself, I find it hard to pay someone to get me part way there when I can do it fresher and as I like it and go all the way

I live 6 miles (about 9 minutes) from work and have started driving home for lunch so I have my entire selection to choose from...

I know what you mean. I've been chowing down on habs on the weekends to get ready for the naga's I've got growing.
Lately, the habs just don't have alot of heat. I keep buying them from other sources, thinking I just got some milder ones....nope.

My homegrown powder has been my "go to". I can sprinkle it on just about anything or I can add it to a sauce to make it hotter without throwing the flavor off.

it's getting harder for ME to get a cap fix! i picked up some dave's insanity... it wasn't as hot as i wanted... i also got some "melinda's habanero 2007 reserve" this stuff is great! it tasted just like tabasco when i very first tasted it! , but maybe with a little hint of lime or ???

Back