Update: Photobucket does not display in older Android versions

Didn't know where to post this..

Is anyone else having problems with images displayed?
I'm constantly getting a thumbnail with a question mark on it. Which is frustrating when I wanna see glog updates.

I haven't checked the site much this week, but it seems sudden. Nothing to my knowledge has changed with my android phone. Any site updates that would do it?

Are you looking at the the board from a computer at work? It is possible that a corporate firewall is blocking access to the picture hosting sites that the forum links to.

Empty the cache in your phone's browser. There is no issue here I also checked on Android. The site was loading slow for awhile and that would cause it. If that cached empty images just empty it because the slowness should be fixed.

Cleared all my browser data and rebooted.

It seems that photobucket links don't display. Imgur works fine.
I'm gonna try see if imageshack displays or not.. Might just be photobucket, which the majority seem to use.

They work for me.

One of PB's servers could be down. Copy the image here.

I checked a few glogs. It looks like certain servers. And I'm not the only one experiencing display problems (shlogg is also)

Imgur - ok
Google user hosting - ok
Dropbox - ok
Photobucket - doesn't work
Tinypic - doesn't work

I guess it's a problem on their end that will hopefully be fixed soon.

Copy the image here so I can tell you if I see it.

I can see this (imgur)
This 7 pot Burgundy takes the prize. Very fast!
uytHTDP.jpg

Can't see this (pb)
Group shot of the Chinense chiles, standing on a chair this morning to get a good overhead shot...
SANY0543_zps05087663.jpg

Okay I can see both, but in Android can't see #2. I will look into.

Cheers!
I checked about 20 glogs, clicked quote so I could see the url. And like I said, some work, some don't.

This fella is experiencing the same

I've have a few pics to post but for the past few days I can't see any IMG links for Photobucket. I've only been on here lately with my phone and I'm sure its limited to my phone. Any Photobucket IMG links show up as a help icon. Anyone have any ideas or experience with this? I tried turning off the pop up blocked and checked to see if show images was on. It's happening on my Google browser and Dolphin browser for Android. Hope I can find a fix.

Your phone's OS is outdated and no longer works with Photobucket. Your phone is probably a couple years old now?

I found this topic in Google: http://slotfanatics.com/showthread.php?3176-photobucket-links-no-longer-displayed-on-android-phone&p=61839

The fix is use this browser: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.opera.mini.android&referrer=utm_source%3Dopera_com%26utm_medium%3Dbutton_android_mini_via_lt_https_url_http://www.opera.com/mobile/android/%26utm_campaign%3Dsite_links%26utm_content%3Dgoogle+organic

...or a newer Android version.

Perhaps you will see a fix but this is not related to this site or software it is the browser/PB compatibility.

Ok, Cheers!

Sadly HTC has still not agreed to the newest OS so there's nothing I can do to rectify.. Android 2.3 has been out for ages, but still HTC has denied it :(

Downloaded opera mini. I can see pics now :)

It's actually quite a nice, fast browser too!

:)

Yeah I may try the Opera too.

Can't wait for the Samsung S4, my current phone is held together with duct tape lol.

Sadly my network aren't stocking HTC or Samsung anymore. Every time I have a problem, they say 'why don't you get an iphone'.. I see red and make a scene. And inevitably get what I want ;)

But I'm gonna have to change network when I need a new phone..

My phone started doing this on Thursday, took it to the sprint store and they told me my phone is bad. So now I know it is not just my phone but systemic problem.......

Funny thing is, now i can see youtube "previews" but no pictures.

Opera is pretty good. Lightweight, sits on the sd. Not the prettiest, but I'm now using it for any site apart from Facebook - which looks awful on opera and the app is a complete joke.

We have another year before our full upgrade discount on our phones. The hubby and I both have LG myTouch androids and ours arent displaying all pictures on THP either. Kinda annoying since we just cleaned them out and did a huge update on our software. Oh well, such is life I guess. Just don't have money to spring on new phones right now thats why we just ride out the two years for our full discount on upgrade. :neutral:

Oh and as of this mornings attempt to clear cache and stuff I can't sign back in to THP.... I'll try later again. Glad we have a computer now.

Back