• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Creation of new prototypes beginning

Greeitngs all,
We here at Defcon HQ have embarked on a new mission. We are in serious contemplation of a couple new flavor bases for our line of products. We are experimenting with a wasabi based sauce, which right now, will cleanse the oxidation off a Liberty ships hull, and a horseradish base (personally prepared horseradish, not that Gold's or other mass produced junk) whose mere aroma will sear the sweat glands of a Turkish wrestler shut. As soon as these become palatable, we should be able to share our new experiments with you. And yes, we are attempting an experimental distillation of the horseradish (which is a completely separate formula sequence than getting the capsaicin out of a pepper), just to upset Mother Nature once again.

Hey DC,
Now your talking, I too make my own donkey sauce.
I would be interested in whatever kind of extract you come up with on that.
FM
ps now get your butt back in the laboritory,lol.

I am interested to see how the horseradish sauces comes out. I often mix white horseradish and hot sauce, though I've never seen a product like that for purchase.

Well, to tell you the truth, that would be too easy. The horseradish we will be preparing is not a chunky or creamy style, as is virtually all the sauces I've ever seen that have horseradish in them. Our sauces always have a smooth texture, and so will this one. We've been experimenting with different extraction processes (which I might add, are pretty cool, even though the vapors nearly melt my wife's eyeballs out of their sockets) to get just the "hot" out of the root. The sauce will hopefully retain 95-100% of its basic color, which again is a tricky little thing to do, but oh the pleasures of a good culinary/chemistry challenge. It will take some time to perfect, but this should turn out to be a really kick-ass sauce, especially for pastrami or pork.

I picked up a bottle of that Blair's Wasabi-Ginger Sauce last week. It's not all that hot and the wasabi flavor is pretty mild. It's more like a mayonasie than a "sauce" and it's so damn thick it's a real pain in the ass trying to get it out of the flask shaped bottle. They should have put it in a jar.

a damned good wing sauce!! I was only pulling your leg about it needing DC-0 in it. :twisted: THough I might heat it up like that at least once for laughs. Frank :lol:

It should be. It's a completely different burn, fast and furious, as opposed to most pepper bases. Like I said, the horseradish project is really cool, in a strange sort of way. I'm amazed how powerful the oils are that we have started leeching out of the roots.

powerful oils? kinda like the kind that slaps ya silly? lol I love homemade horseradish cuz of the zing that you get (unlike store bought) now if you concentrating that taste...WOW hhhmmmm need any guinee pigs for testing..lol...Can't wait til ya get it finished.

Ya know one of these days we'll be watching the news and they will be talking about a Mushroom Cloud over NJ. With all the lil experiments that ya do....LOL....gonna start callin you The Mad Scientist...lol

The store bought stuff is fecal matter compared to homemade. Yeah, I have a feeling this stuff is gonna blow the olfactory nerves in someone's head out their ears. I actually have to wear my scuba goggles along with a regulator and nice full tank of nitrox while I'm working with this stuff. I'm waiting for it to start etching our glass labware. Thank God we don't have any pets, they'd be hairless.

Back