• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds What's your fastest/average seed germination time?

Fastest for me has been datil seeds, just left them in the ground didn't really water them or shelter them from rain...took 3 days

average would be 2 weeks

slowest was this purira that just germinated yesterday and I planted it 5 weeks ago

Fastest is about 5-6 days for me as well. Longest was my Bhut Jolokia plant sown on 10/10/11 that came up a month later. It's just starting to bud for its 2nd year of production.

i have had seeds take over 2 months to pop. and, i've had some which seemed to pop in just a couple of days. i've even had pellets that i tossed into a pot that i thought were worthless, and then they sprouted what seemed like 3 months or more later. you never know with pepper seeds. . 

the fastest for me this year were the SCARLET LANTERN about 6 days and that impressed me some because the Chinese
the next fastest where my Banajul Market and Rainforest about 8 days

thanks your friend joe

Fresh out of a sun dried pod---2 days.
Longest, out of 2 year old seed---6 weeks.

Everywhere in between on this years grow.

sowed all my seeds one week ago.

so far 2 varieties have germinated. I have pumpkin peppers that took only 3 days to germinate and are now 3 inches tall. and my thai hots took 5 days. still waiting on the others.

Fastest was the chilly chilli that poped up after 4days and longest was the chocalat bhut and sonora chiltepin wich took like more than 45 days lol

My Annuums always pop up quick - fastest 3 days (self saved purple jalapeno) with an average of 6 days. My Chinense the fastest was 5 days (Bhut Jolokia) with an average of 8 days.

Back