• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Specialty Hot Sauce Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see that wedding pic!

9430971528_95e09d5445.jpg

Whoa, Scovie is going all out... and you dipsied my inbox with 30 messages!

wouldya look at that spread... holey macaroni!

I used to think you were crazy, Scovie..... but I can clearly see your nuts!

Green with envy Molé

Roasting the Tomatillos and Poblano to bring out the sweetness, and toasting the corn tortillas for the thickening agent.
The dried Ancho is getting all toasty, and the oils are coming out of it.
file_zps77f05f5a.jpg

In a hot pan, I am toasting the Sesame Seeds and Pine nuts to bring out the earthy flavor. mmmmm
file_zps203f5c6f.jpg

Serranos, Jalapeños, Peanuts, Pumpkin Seeds, Pine Nuts, Sesame Seeds and Peanut Oil added to Charlie, (food processor)
file_zps9f577da1.jpg

Then the seasonings,... Cumin, Smoked Paprika, Cayenne, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, White Pepper, Oregano, and Cinnamon.
Then push the button that says "ON".
file_zps45481174.jpg

Roasted Poblano, Ancho, and Tortillas all happy. I put the Poblano in a paper bag for a few minutes. It releases the skin easier...
file_zps74f1f3e4.jpg

Once the Poblano is skinned and seeded, and the Ancho is powdered, I started with 1/2 of one the toasted tortillas.
file_zps70069fd9.jpg

Meanwhile, One Whole Diced Onion and 8 chopped Garlic Cloves (I added more than previously pictured), go into a pan to be sweated. Just until the onions are translucent. whoa... that big word hurt my brain...
file_zpsbfa0a524.jpg

Dump that awesomness into Charlie and hit that "ON" button again...
file_zpsd7347b4d.jpg

EXACTLY one handful of fresh coursely chopped Cilantro, (the culinary kind, not that soapy tasting shit).
Yes, I will provide EXACT measurements in my entry post... lol
file_zps810b92ad.jpg

After all ingredients have been "Charlie'd"... Time to cook the sauce... I brought it to a boil, while stirring constantly for 15 minutes, turn the heat down and simmer for an hour, stirring occasionally. After letting it cool a little, I put 1/2 at a time back into Charlie, and turned it into a buttery-smooth-as-silk Molé...
file_zps9c391472.jpg

After a few tastes, I added a dash of Garlic Salt, and Red Savina Powder. Now IT'S HOT!!!  I really wish I had a fresh Yellow 7 for this. It is just begging for that heat and flavor, but alas... Hank's was fresh out :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back